Thursday, January 17, 2019

Hokey Pokey

Hello, stamping friends!  I hope you are doing well.  We are in for some weather in the next few days with the approaching storms, we shall see how much snow we get!  The weather forecasters present so many different scenarios nowadays, it is hard to know what to expect!

Anyhow, I have had the idea to pair this funny sentiment with this cute dancing monster, and finally had time to put the card together. 


I first colored the monster using alcohol markers and some glitter gel pen and even a white gel pen for the tooth.  I trimmed it out with scissors.  Then I stamped the sentiment on my white panel and die cut out a pattern in the corner using a Tim Holtz die.  The panel was placed over a Distress Oxide background and the monster popped up on foam adhesive.




Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Hokey Pokey, Monster Mash, Memento and Versafine black inks, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Sizzix Tim Holtz Mixed Media die, Distress Oxide blue ink.
(Save 10% at IBFS with code SAVE10HEIDI)

I would love to play along with these challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Banish the Blues
Dies R Us - Anything NEW (my die is new!)
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday - Clean and Simple
City Crafter - Cute and Simple

14 comments:

Darlene said...

What a fun and fabulous creation! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything NEW’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Such a cutie!

Cat Craig said...

Love it...that monster is so cute and I love the die cut give such amazing texture.

Carol L said...

Hah! That's a real cute and fun card, and I love the blue behind the die cut! I don't know about the hokey, but I'm definitely the pokey these days! :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so cute and fun! I love the card you made. Cute little monster.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fun card, love the little monster in the tutu, I know all about the hokey pokey, (a former preschool teacher)... have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Heidi, I love this card. The green monster goes so well with the sentiment--LOL. I have that sentiment and am thinking I should pull it out. I really like the corner die and how the blue pops through.

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun card and what a great dancing monster image. Wonderful card x.

Mac Mable said...

Meant to say....good luck with the weather x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word he makes me smile from EAR TO EAR!!! :) Love that fun little sentiment to go with him!! Thanks for making me smile today and a big thank you for playing along with us at Cute Card Thursday this week friend!! HUGS

Conniecrafter said...

Love how you colored her and that sentiment is perfect with the image!! Great way to show a peek of your background, I keep forgetting about those corner dies and I keep seeing people using them, I really need to break mine out.

ankitag612 said...

So so fun and cute at the same time. I love how their is a background die cut panel which is constrained to one part of the card. Your monster is colored beautifully. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

Marina said...

I really like the effect with the die. Your monster is very cute.

laurie said...

LOL! What a fun card!Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!