Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Colorblock Background - Color Bleed Grid Technique

Hello and hope you are well today.  I was looking through my Pinterest the other day, and decided to go back and look at some of the very first things I pinned.  Well, I found SEVERAL techniques I never did try, so today I am trying one!  


This technique was at Ellen Hutson and is called the Color Bleed Grid Technique.  The tutorial is here.  Of course, I used my Spectrum Noir markers, as any alcohol marker will work.  Also, at the point where I was supposed to erase the pencil lines, I just turned my paper over and decided that side looked awesome too!  (No erasing needed. Am I lazy, or what!?)

I added some stenciling with Heidi Swapp Silver metallic paste to the card base.  

I also want to mention how awesome this silhouette stamp set is!  I adore that the boy who uses a wheelchair is playing with a boy who appears typical.  So glad to see a more inclusive world through stamps!  


For the inside of my card, I selectively stamped just the balloons from one of the stamps in blue. 

Supplies: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Birthday Fun stamps set, Close to My Heart Epic Birthday Stamp set (sentiments), Versafine Onyx Black ink, Hero Arts Cornflower shadow ink, Plaid Distress Star stencil, Heidi Swapp Silver Metallic texture paste, other supplies from my stash. 

I would love to play along with Crafting By Designs Let’s Hear it for the Boys challenge, and Cute Card Thursday’s Celebrate Challenge.


Thank you SO MUCH for visiting today! I hope you will have time to leave a comment to let me know you were here.  And if you haven’t already subscribed to my blog, I would be so happy if you did!  Have a great day!

13 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What an awesome technique. Love, love, love this card.

Connie Mercer said...

Heidi this is an amazing card, really speaks to me. I have a grand in a wheel chair. Would love to get this stamp :) thanks for showing this.

Connie Mercer said...

Just ordered two sets~I can't tell you how excited I am. Thanks for sharing~

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Connie, So glad you like them! In addition to giving them to kids who may have a wheelchair, I think they would be good for folks who make cards for hospitalized kids.

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Heidi, love the image and the colours of the background are so bold. I've never seen a stamp like this before, it's a super one, Kate x x

Mac Mable said...

Such a striking and vibrant card with a wonderful silhouette stamp. The texture from the stencil looks great too x.

lostinpaper said...

What a wonderful card and technique, I must check it out (and with no erasing lol)! Totally fabulous stamps too I agree!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful background for those silhouette images. I really like that look. And those are great stamps too.

Carol L said...

This turned out just awesome, and I love how that gorgeous colorful grid shows off this great silhouette image! Well done!!

Cat Craig said...

Cool technique, and fabulous card.

Lisa Babitz said...

What a cool technique; your background is awesome! I'll have to give this a try!!

Deb said...

So amazing, love the background! Fabulous stamping!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Conniecrafter said...

Neat technique, and I so wouldn't say you are lazy, I would call that very smart indeed :) That is a great stamp, you don't see those very often