Friday, March 8, 2019

Christmas Cat Card

Hello!  I am pushing right along with my 2019 Christmas cards.  Here is one more!


I colored the image with alcohol markers and then added stickles to the ornament.  I used a sketch for the card layout, using an embossing folder for the black layer.  I also decorated the inside of the card with a coordinating cat and a funny sentiment.  This sentiment may not be for everyone, but for a cat owner who has owned animals that climb the tree and knock off ornaments, I think this will be a hit!


Supplies:  Newton’s Nook Ornamental Newton, Newton’s Antics, Elle’s Studio Cheers sentiment stamp set, Elizabeth Crafts Holiday Cheer sentiment stamp set, Memento and Versafine black inks, Heidi Swapp patterned paper, Sizziz Snowflake embossing folder, Stickles glitter glue.

I would love to enter the Inky Paws Sketch Challenge, Cute Card Thursday Anything Goes and the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - Plaid.



I appreciate your visit so much!  Come again soon!

18 comments:

Cat Craig said...

I'm loving the Newton cards. These are perfect for the challenges. Love that gold around the ornament.

April said...

This is the cutest card! This reminds me of all the trouble my cats get into.

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness now how stinkin' CUTE is this guy?!! Love that you've made a Christmas card and I could never grow tired of seeing them either! So keep them coming! :) The plaid and the colors are perfect with him too! Love this inside and out Heidi!!

Carol L said...

Super cute and fun card. Love the plaid with the black embossed panel - great look for a cat lover/owner :)

Mac Mable said...

Had a little chuckle at your adorable card....Gorgeous and vibrant colours, great layout and sure to be a fun card for the recipient x.

Connie Mercer said...

So dedicated :) These are adorable.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So super cute and well colored. I need to get back to Christmas designs soon too. If it warms up I may not be so inspired. LOL

Indy's Designs said...

What a super cute card! Love the plaid, and, of course, the mischievous kitty! On behalf of both Cupcake Inspirations and Inky Paws Challenge, thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Debbie

aussie aNNie said...

Go girl, super cards and really lovely for your stash.x

Conniecrafter said...

it is so cute and I can think of a few people that would understand this, I was very lucky and our cats for the most part left the tree alone other than would go underneath and sleep. Like your little sparkle touch to it and great inside too!

Bobbi Lemanski said...

Wow! You're so smart to get a start on your holiday cards! I wish I could work ahead like that, too. :) Thank you for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge! Bobbi

cuilliesocks said...

Aww that's so sweet, adorable images and lovely colours and designs, Kate x x

Karen Letchworth said...

This is darling, Heidi. You are so creative. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment - it means SO much to me and I hope you will visit again soon. I also welcome you to share any (and all...lol)of your cards with us at Word Art Wednesday. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - I love seeing them all!
Have a blessed weekend,
Karen

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very cute, cute card. Your colouring is awesome. Love the plaid paper too.

sue t. said...

OMG- I am so jealous Christmas cards already!!??!! Love yours!! Thanks for joining us at Inky Paws this time around!!

Marina said...

Great card - I love the colours.

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is super cute! The glitter on the ornament gives the perfect touch! I love the inside sentiment you created too!
-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

Crafting Andy said...

Love this. And well done on starting your Christmas cards. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x