Sunday, March 3, 2019

Paper Tole Hot Air Balloon Card

Hello cardmaking friends!  I hope you are doing well!  I have a classy birthday card where I did the paper tole technique.  


Basically, I stamped that hot air balloon three times on my patterned paper.  I then cut out each section of the balloon, and layered them.  I use fun foam to pop them up. I find it is a little thinner than foam tape so it is not so thick in the envelope, but it is nice and dimensional!  However, this is probably a card I would hand-deliver rather than mail.  

The background was watercolored using ink from my Distress Oxide inkpads.  It is lovely and smooth and has a nice matte finish.


Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber stamps Hot Air BalloonMay All Your Wishes sentiment. Versafine Onyx Black ink, Distress Oxide Blueprint Sketch, peacock feathers, Watercolor paper, Avery Elle Wonky Stitched Rectangles die, other items from my stash.

Thanks you so much for your kind comments!

11 comments:

Carol L said...

Great paper piecing on that hot air balloon, and what a beautiful background too! NJ!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely fabulous design Heidi, it has a great 3D look, brilliantly designed card, Kate x x

MiamiKel said...

OH beautiful paper pieceing and the lovely background for the hot air balloon!

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome 3D design.x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this look. Great piecing too.

Cat Craig said...

That really makes a POP Heidi. Love this against your beautiful blue background.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love your paper tole. You certainly got creative! The layers really showcases your balloon nicely.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow Heidi that turned out so cool with all that dimension and I just love your choice in the paper for it too!

Darnell said...

Oh, Heidi, this is so incredible! I love the dimension of the balloon and I love the great pattern you chose, too! Your blending is perfect!! Hugs, Darnell

Linda Langes said...

Paper tole takes me back! Love the dimension and your blending too.

Wendy Bellino said...

I absolutely love paper piecing and the added dimension with the tile technique is so appealing!