Sunday, June 9, 2019

Ice Cream Cards - CTMH Balanced Diet stamp set

Hello!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have had really nice, mild summer weather!  I think it is supposed to start raining during the start of the week, but at this point, we probably need it.  

Today I would like to share another card I designed to make with friends who are beginners.  I thought the ice cream theme was fun, and suitable for all ages.  This card involves no coloring, and I went ahead and cut the card bases and did the die cutting of the circle element ahead.



The background was a lot of stamping for a beginner, and although I could do one in just a couple minutes, it took much longer than I thought for my friend.  The two-step stamping of the ice cream cone was a good lesson for a beginner, but the fussy cutting of the ice cream scoops is a bit time-consuming for someone not used to it!  


So, this card might have been just a touch too long for beginners, but it was doable.  I went with the matching sentiment for the inside (ombré stamping done with two inkpads, as I don’t have the multicolor ones), but my friend chose a simpler thank you sentiment in a single color.  

I did make a second card in pink and yellow!  This card was already given out to a little girl I know with a gift card to Dairy Queen enclosed.  


Supplies: Close to My Heart A Balanced Diet and Wordfetti stamp sets, Hero Arts Shadow inks and Gina K Designs inks in various colors, Versafine Onyx Black ink, Gina Marie X Stitched Circles dies, other items from my stash.

I would like to enter these projects into Crafting By Designs Anything Goes, Cute Card Thursday Anything Goes and WordArtWednesday Anything Goes. 

If you are on Instagram, you may be interested the SimonSaysStamp is now doing specific instagram challenges, and this month it is Summer Fun!  My instagram can be found here.

15 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Two super cool cards Heidi, lovely colours and design and I agree with the sentiment, Kate x x

Carol L said...

These are summer cuties with great colors! I love the balanced diet idea too LOL

Mac Mable said...

Very summery and pretty cards and both with wonderful colours and stamping. Fun sentiment too x

Connie Mercer said...

Love the set !!! The stamps are adorable!!

Cat Craig said...

fantastic card for holding a DQ gc.

Viv said...

Ahh such sweet cards Heidi, love the colours you used too ;) Viv xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a yummy card. I love both colours and think it is a very neat idea to enclose a Dairy Queen gift card.

Lisa Babitz said...

This is super cute! I've had the same experience when teaching my classes where cards (even ones that seem "simple") take much longer for beginners to create. The hardest thing for me is being "ok" when I don't get through everything I had planned for the students; I'm slowly getting better at having more realistic goals for each session. It really shows just how much time and effort go into making handmade cards. And I love seeing their reactions when their cards are completed and they have that "look what I made" look on their faces!! I'm sure your friends had a ball working on this card with you!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh ow these are just as CUTE as can be!! I absolutely LOVE the color combos and I think it's great to introduce different colors to newbies so they can see what a difference colors can make in a project! :) Nicely done!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful birthday cards and now I want a soft serve cone too!

MiamiKel said...

Hee hee, these are charming - and the colors are so fun! Yummy indeed!

crafty-stamper said...

Perfect sentiment! both fabulous cards but love the colours on the second one just a little bit more.
Carol x

Laura's Craft Closet said...

Yum! This card looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting By Designs :)

aussie aNNie said...

Mmmmm now if I liked icecream I would gobble this up... great cards.x

Marina said...

Yum - definitely yummy!