Friday, June 14, 2019

Sailboat Father’s Day Card - Stamp Kissing Technique

Hello everyone! Today, I’d like to do a quick share.


I have a solid sailboat stamp that I inked up with light blue ink.  I then inked up a tweed background stamp with navy ink.  I kissed the sailboat onto the tweed background to pick up the navy ink, and then stamped it down onto my card panel.  I was really pleased with how this turned out!

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Sailboat Silhouette, Father’s Day, Hero Arts Tweed Background Stamps, Hero Arts Shadow inks in Cornflower and Navy, Versamark Embossing ink and White detail embossing powder, The Paper Studio embossing folder

I’d love to enter this into the ModSquad Challenge Nautical Masculine challenge and CASology’s CALM challenge.

Thanks for your visit!!

13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a clever technique and perfect for your fabulous Father's day card x

crafty-stamper said...

Very clever -never tried this technique but the boat looks great-love the embossed frame too
carol x

Lisa Babitz said...

Those are two great stamps for this technique. Great Father's Day card!

aussie aNNie said...

Clever and brilliant, great card for a father.xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! I love this look too. Thanks for the reminder of the kissing technique. I had forgotten about that one. Your card looks amazingly wonderful.

Renee Matarese said...

I LOVE nautical cards! This is so pretty!

Carol L said...

This is way cool and so much fun! Love the technique you used to add the tweed color - just perfect for a father's day card!

sentsue said...

Fun technique on the sailboat. Thanks for playing along with us on the CASology Challenge blog.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Ah, I don't have any Paper Studio embossing folders! A new product line for me to be enabled by, heehee! Where do you buy them? xox

Aimeslee Winans said...

Good grief, I was so taken by that folder, I forgot to comment on how well you rocked that technique for a very cool card! xoxxo

Marina said...

What a great kissing technique - it looks amazing.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh my, this card is sooo beautiful. I'm really liking the nautical look. Job well done!

Esther Asbury said...

What a lovely clean-and-simple masculine card! I love the stamp kissing technique you used on the sailboat!