Tuesday, June 4, 2019

JFF’s June Challenge - Use a Stencil

Hello! I am happy to announce that Just for Fun’s Blog challenge this month is to incorporate a stencil into your stamped design.  I really enjoy using stencils, so I was happy to play along this month.


My background was created by applying ink directly to a stencil with Distress Oxide ink in Antique Linen.  Then I spritzed the stencil with water and pressed it to watercolor paper to make a monoprint.  I was tickled to see that the tan ink separated out into both tan and a light green.  Brown inks are always fun when they separate.  


Then, I used my stamping platform to stamp my fern in green oxide ink, and then I just added brown oxide ink to a few parts of the fern and stamped it again.  I liked the way it turned out.  My Father’s Day greeting was stamped directly to my ivory card base using a dye ink.  

Supplies:  Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Flora and Fauna sheet, Happy Father’s Day, Creative Expressions Autumn stencil, Distress oxide inks in Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint, watercolor paper, Hero Arts Shadow Ink Forever Green, Gina K Designs Dark Sage cardstock, Michaels 110 pound ivory card stock.

Hope you will join in the challenge this month!


13 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and love the fern stamp
Carol x

Cat Craig said...

awesome card, Heidi. Great combination of stamp and stencil.

Mac Mable said...

What great effects with those fabulous oxides. Such a unique and artsy card and perfect for Father's Day x

Mac Mable said...

Hi Heidi
Good to hear from you and thank you for your kind comments....Yes it is silver (dripping) flake ...Thanks for asking x
Mac
x
You came up as a no reply blogger so thought I would message you this way in case you didn't get my reply x Enjoy the rest of your week x

Carol L said...

Wow, what a unique and fun background you've made! Love the ferns in combo with the colorful background and the simple sentiment finishes this one perfectly!

lostinpaper said...

Wonderful masculine design Heidi!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Beautiful layered look to your card!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant design, love that stencil and fern stamp.x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your technique is lovely. At first I thought it was designer paper. Great work with the stenciling.

cuilliesocks said...

Just beautiful Heidi, I love the stencilled fern and the watercolour effect, perfect for Father's Day, Kate x

Lisa Babitz said...

Love the water colored look you achieved with the stencil stamping and the distress oxide inks. Love the colors you used (and that just appeared - lol!!)

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a gorgeous card with a wonderful stenciled design and beautiful silhouette image. The colors are fantastic too! And, thanks so much for all the visits you make to my blog too. I love your comments.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, gorgeous card Heidi and very calming in manly and organic colors. I got worn out from all the commitment activities my honey and I had so far this weekend, so as I hadn't even started his Father's Day card, he let me off the hook from making one this year. I try to make them way too complicated anyway. I wish I'd made your card because it's just right! xoxo