Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Garden Shelf Notecard

Hello!  Hope you are doing well.  I am sharing an everyday-type card with you today.  There is a bird’s nest right outside my window, and in the back of the house, my hydrangea is just starting to bloom, so I thought this stamp would be a timely one to color.  


I colored Garden Shelf #2 with alcohol markers.  I picked some analogous colors, that is, colors that are next to one another on the color wheel and then a neutral.  So those were Green, Blue, Purple + Brown as my neutral.  I tried to stick to those colors so that the finished product looked harmonious. 

I added a little sentiment from Bubble Wrap, Lattice and Flowers Sheet, to finish off the card. 

(You can always save 10% on these, and all the stamps at the I Brake for Stamps store using my code SAVE10HEIDI)

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog today!
Have a great day!


15 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow! What a gorgeous image!! You've done a beautiful job with the coloring too!! My hydrangeas are starting to bloom as well! I love how they look! The colors on this are stunning! HUGS

Darnell said...

Is that one stamp?! You really made it come to life with your coloring and framing, Heidi! And I love that you have this scene in your own back yard at the moment!! Hugs, Darnell

cuilliesocks said...

Heidi it's a lovely card, I love the image and your colours are fabulous, it's a super design too, Kate x

Cat Craig said...

What a beautiful scene. Beautifully colored and designed.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Those lilacs look so real. Your coloring of all of the design is fantastic.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous just love this and those colours and stamps are stunning.x

Lisa Babitz said...

Awesome coloring! I love the colors you chose, and the finished card is gorgeous!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Looking at the B&W image, it really puts into perspective just how much detailed colouring went into this. Very beautifully done. Time and patience for sure.

Carol L said...

This is so beautiful and just perfect for this time of the year! Love how you colored this one to perfection too!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous stamp and your coloring is perfect.

Connie Mercer said...

so sweet~love it all!!!

April said...

This is beautiful. Live this stamp.

Aimeslee Winans said...

A lovely lovely card with my fave cool colors. At first I thought the stamp was an old Helz Cuppleditch stamp Teddy Get Well Soon that I have. I swear, the table arrangement is soooo similar. I will have to make a card with it (it's never been used) so you can see what I mean. xoxo

Marina said...

Lovely stamp and I love what you've done with it.

Esther Asbury said...

Wow - just Wow!! This is absolutely gorgeous! Not only is your coloring beautiful, but I love the colors you chose!