Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Sweet Pea 70th Birthday Card

Hello everyone!  I hope you are doing well.  We had our first really muggy, summer day yesterday.  I have got to get used to that!  I have a lot of summer birthdays in my family and not enough birthday cards in my stash, so today I am sharing this one for a special aunt with one of the big birthdays!  



I colored the sweet pea image with a base layer of marker, and then added subtle shading with colored pencils.  The pencils also come in handy for those thin stems!  I cut this out with a die and then looked through my scrap box (it is really full right now) to find the other elements of the card.  I know my aunt is going to like this!

Supplies: I Brake for Stamps April Sweet Peas, Memento black ink,  Gina K Fresh Asparagus paper, Hero Arts Numbers Frame Cuts, Spellbinders circle dies, Spellbinders Fancy Edge Rectangle dies, other items from my stash.  
(Save 10% on this stamp and your entire order at the I Brake for Stamps store with my code SAVE10HEIDI )

I would love to enter Die Cut Diva’s Birthday Challenge, Pixie’s Crafty Workshop’s Snippets Challenge, The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring challenge, and WordArtWednesday’s Anything Goes Challenge.

I want to thank you for your kind comments and visits!  Have a crafty day!

18 comments:

April said...

I love this stamp and the cheery colors of your card! I know your aunt will be pleased.

Arlene said...

So lovely So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card and image Heidi, lovely colours and I'm sure the recipient will love it, Kate x

Karen Letchworth said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us. It's always great to have you play along, and I hope you will join us again soon (and often). How fun to celebrate a 70th birthday. I need to make a card for a 60th wedding anniversary, and I thought that was pretty awesome as well to know people who have been married that long, and are still SO in love with each other. Cool, huh!?? Thanks again for sharing your wonderful creativity with us.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Artg Wednesday

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and I love the flowers.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Happy Birthday to your aunt. What a pretty card. I like how you added the 70. I'm going away to see my daughter for a week so I'll be MIA on your comments. Hugs.

Carol L said...

This is just beautiful with those pink sweet peas! Way to use your snippets to put this pretty card together too!

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card! I just love the soft pinks paired with green! Beautiful coloring!

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card with a very pretty sweet pea image. Love the colour combination and your Aunt is one lucky lady x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gorgeous card I'm sure your aunt will love! Such a pretty color combo, I'm working right now with similar and they are scraps. I live on the Texas Gulf Coast outside of Houston and when I opened my back door yesterday it felt like I'd opened my oven door - Geebus! But, it's practically July so it's time. Just never ready for it, lol. Hope your aunt has a great day, xoxo

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the gorgeou sweet pea image-one of my favourite flowers
carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful flowers coloured here Heidi, love sweet peas.x

R's Rue said...

A beautiful card.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Viv said...

Oooh I love that flower stamp Heidi, such a beautiful card you made with it too,.. awesome ;) Viv xx

Cat Craig said...

Heidi, I’ve just returned from vacation and this morning I scrolled through your posts while I was away.
Your sweet peas are definitely sweet.
Great eagle scout card, three of my nephews are eagle scouts.

Love the kiss technique on your father’s day card.

I’m hoping the humidity this summer is less than last. I detest it.

Marina said...

Beautiful colouring - I don't find pencils easy. I like how you did the number.

Di said...

Beautiful card - I can almost smell those sweet peas from here! Lovely colouring and great use of snippets too.

Hugs

Di xx

Lucille K said...

What a pretty card, love the sweet peas image and your coloring. Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas :)