Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Yellow Floral Thank You Cards

Hello!  Thank you for all the wonderful comments on my last post about Pinned It? Try It!  I have my next technique picked out and will be working on that soon.  We are in back-to-school mode, and have quite a lot on the to-do list!  I was able to make it to my craft group last night, and it was fun to talk to everyone about what they were making.  A couple gals will be going to a stamping convention this weekend. I wish I had time to join them!

Today I am sharing two thank you cards.  I started out wanting a sunny and bright, but clean looking card.  I wanted to use just stamps, ink and plain cardstock. 


I stamped my flower in yellow, and then used the second generation stamping to fill in the white areas. I know you cannot see that so well in the photos, but it makes a big difference.  


For the second card, I wanted a little more going on, so I used a frame of yellow flowers (still using that second generation) but then added an outer frame of black stamping. That was just the bit of drama I was looking for.  

Supplies: I Brake for Stamps  Floral Half Sheet set,  Thank You Flourish sentiment, Hero Arts Butter Bar ink, Versafine Onyx Black Ink, Cardstock from my stash.  (Save 10% on your stamp purchase at I Brake for Stamps with my code SAVE10HEIDI)

Happy Stamping!


16 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Both version of this are stunning! Love the happy yellow color and that floral image is so pretty!! Nicely done!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so very pretty and very cheerful too.
:) Karen

Cat Craig said...

Oh my Heidi, I am loving these and no just because of the yellow. Fabulous design.

Connie Mercer said...

So pretty both versions!!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Both look wonderful, I like the drama that the black gives both of them in the framing.

Esther Asbury said...

Love the pretty floral frame you created, and especially the second one with the black stamped over top! Beautiful cards!

Mac Mable said...

What sunny and beautiful cards and both look fabulous x

aussie aNNie said...

Pretty designs lovely colours.x

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are both so gorgeous. I love them.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a wonderful pair of cards, it has made me think of what else to do with some of my own floral stamps. Love the first card with the layered sentiment and dramatic black, but the second card is stunning with the layered stamped flowers in both yellow and black.. thank you for the inspiration... have a wonderful weekend.. Megan

Conniecrafter said...

Both are just lovely and I like the touch of brightness yellow gives to a card, I do like the second with the addition of the black, adds that extra something to it! Glad you were able to get out with the girls and have some fun!

Carol L said...

The 2nd generation stamping makes a beautiful design, and both cards turned out lovely! I really like the CAS design too!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So very, very pretty. The yellow is so stunning against the black. I would never have thought to add black flowers to the yellow. How unique and beautiful.

April said...

These are lovely thank you cards. I don't use yeellow very much, but yellow makes things look cheery.

Aimeslee Winans said...

These are just amazing, Heidi! It's always surprising to me what just a few supplies can produce and here we are with so much more than we probably need, lol. Bravo to your resourcefulness. xoxo

Shelly Schmidt said...

SO very pretty- both of the cards- I love the look you have created on both of your cards!!!