Monday, August 12, 2019

Salted Watercolor - Fiesta Card

Hello and happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  We were able to go to a lake and kayak with family.  It was really great weather and we had a good time. 

Today, I am sharing this really fun Fiesta Themed card!  I started with the background, which is Ombré watercolor, but I treated it with salt before it dried to get this cool texture!  It is one of my favorite techniques.  



All the stamps were colored with pencils and cut out with the coordinating dies.  I actually colored these all a while back at my craft group. I find it easiest to travel with colored pencils, they take up so  little room in my bag.  

I had a piece of the watercolor paper left and did not want it to go to waste, so I used it on the inside of my card!  


Supplies: Hero Arts MMH April 2018 Kit (this one is still available), Memento and Versafine Black inks, Prismacolor pencils, Koi Pan watercolors, watercolor paper, other items from my stash.  

I’d love to enter this in Tuesday Throwdown’s Furry Friends challenge, and SimonSaystamp’s Wednesday Challenge Add a Die cut

Thanks for visiting today!

11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning Fiesta card, love the bright colours.

Cat Craig said...

Your coloring is great Heidi, and this is a darling card. Love the bright hues and the salt technique adds an extra punch.

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful card Heidi, I love the characters, they are so cute and coloured beautifully, Kate x

April said...

I love this cute card and your technique!

Connie Mercer said...

Love the colors and design ~ always enjoy coming to visit:)

Carol L said...

Oh this is such a fun card and I like how you created that ombre panel and colored the images. Using the salt really gave a nice look both inside and outside!

Wendy Bellino said...

Salted watercolor...what a great technique - I love the texture!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful colors and great card designs. Love the fiesta as it looks so much like a celebration!

*Vicki* said...

These are such fun and festive designs for sure! Love the scene with that gorgeous background!! Nicely done!! HUGS

Conniecrafter said...

so fun, like how you arranged it all, great background!

Aimeslee Winans said...

The colors are muy bueno!!! Very cool stamping job, too! Another great technique example PINNED!!! XOX