Monday, August 5, 2019

Ombré Watercolor Background

Hello everyone! I hope you had a good Monday.  Mine was filled with some cardmaking, but also a bunch of errands and cleaning.  It was really nice summer weather.  Not too hot and not too humid.  Can’t complain about that!  

I have been admiring the stamps that Technique Junkies makes, as I am a long time reader of one of their Design Team member, Beth. I finally decided to make a purchase, and used this gorgeous bird stamp first!



I first created an Ombré Watercolor background with my pan watercolors.  These can be fun to do. You start with a lot of color, and then use more and more water as you go.  After it dried, I stamped right over top.  I then used watercolor markers to fill in the colors, and I blended the colors with a water brush.

The sentiment is one from Power Poppy.  I thought it went right along with this image.  

Supplies: Technique Junkies Watercolor Birds, Power Poppy Woodland Carpet stamp set, Versafine Onyx Black ink, Koi Pan watercolor travel set, watercolor paper, Tombow Water Based markers.



Thanks for visiting today!  I feel like I am back in the swing of things.  How about you?  Have you had time for crafting lately?



12 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Too funny. You confused me for a moment. I thought I was reading your blog but saw the stamp and said to myself that I must be readi g someone elses blog. Then I noticed your new watermark, and knew I was on your blog. This is truly a nice card. Your background is stunning and so is your colouring. How sweet of you to mention me. Hugs

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous. I love the background and you colored the birds and tree image beautifully.

Carol L said...

The soft shading looks wonderful with this great stamp! I love how you colored it too, great looking card!

Cat Craig said...

That ombre looks fabulous as the backdrop to the birds and branches. Lovely card, Heidi.

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful Card! Love your background and coloring of the image!

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful card, love the gorgeous colours here. The bird stamp is fabulous.xx

Conniecrafter said...

gorgeous, love the watercolor background, I have never done a background and then stamped and colored over it, your results are terrific!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Heidi, your card is gorgeous! And I'm so jazzed that you know Bethie. I've been using TJ stamps for years and "met" Beth way back when TJ was a bi-monthly techniques newsletter...before the stamps, lol. We still use old techniques from time to time. We are having pretty pleasant weather for August but it still hot during the day. No hurricanes headed our way this week though so life is good. XOX

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty ombre background and one beautiful image. The sentiment sure does go with the birds and the branches and what a fabulous card x

Marina said...

The ombre looks stunning - what a beautiful card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How beautifully done! I am chuckling- I was on the TJ DT before the stamp company with Beth (I know she stayed on). (The transition came at a time when my Mom was moving in with us...….). Anyway, Beth is one of my favorite card makers and a wonderful lady- we still keep in touch! Small world!

Daria said...

Wow. This is stunning. I love the background.