Sunday, August 4, 2019

Flamingo Birthday Card

There is just a little time left for JFF’s By the Water Challenge.  Hope you have had a chance to enter!  If not, click over here to the challenge to submit your entry. 


I’d like to share this flamingo card as one last By the Water card.  These are so fun and summery. I have a friend with an August Birthday who is going to love them.  I colored this stamp with markers and then added loose pink and blue glitter to certain parts of the image. You can barely seen the glitter in the photo, but trust me, it is fun!


For the inside of the card, I stamped the flamingos in light pink and put this fun sentiment over top. It leaves just enough room to put a little greeting inside.


Have a wonderful day!

13 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Heidi! Hope you are staying cool! Love those flamingos and your card design. The inside looks so purdy, too! That's one thing I always want to do is use images on the inside but by the time I get to it I am ready to quit, haha. XOX

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty card and you can see the bling. Wonderful design and the inside is such fun. Hope the kittens are settling in? x

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Heidi, lovely design and great colours, Kate x

Cat Craig said...

Ha! Great birthday card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, those were intended capitals! LOVE your card and the wonderful insert too. A Super finished card.
Faith x
PS Thanks for the visit.

Esther Asbury said...

I love the glitter on the flamingo wings outside and the super fun way you finished the inside! Cute card!
PS Thanks for all the sweet comments you leave on my blog!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card designs and love the flamingos.

Conniecrafter said...

fun summer card, like how you added the glitter to it too!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely and love the flamingo's I can see the bling clearly, enlarged the screen and it's gorgeous.xx

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fun summer birthday card for your friend, love the sparkle you added. Have a wonderful week... Megan

*Vicki* said...

What a really fun image and a great Summer birthday card too! Love the variations of the cardz!! HUGS

Carol L said...

oh my gosh, this is such a fun card! I love those little gemstones with the embossed background and hot pink flamingos, and the inside sentiment is great too!

wannabcre8tive said...

Awww, how cute. I love flamingo cards. I have got to get a flamingo stamp, I have lots of flamingo paper so in honor of them, I have to buy a flamingo stamp. :)