Friday, November 30, 2018

Bandana Card

Howdy, stamping friends!  Today, I created a card as a sample for the Free for All Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers - A Western Cowboy/Cowgirl theme.  My very first thought for Cowboy was a bandana, and I have the perfect stamp for this. 


Everything here is stamped, no patterned paper or embellishments.  I stamped the bandana over red cardstock and added details with my white gel pen.  I planned to cut it up and create a layout with this, but I just couldn’t cut it up!  So, instead, I matted it, added my sentiment and a little stamped flower.  

Supplies:  Stampendous Bandana background stamp, Power Poppy Folk Heart stamp set (sentiment and flower), Versamark black ink, Memento Black ink, alcohol markers, Signo white gel pen, other items from my stash.

Thank you for your visit and all your kind comments.  I really enjoy reading each one!  See you soon!

9 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. I love the bandana. You did a great job stamping it, it looks like dp. The little flower looks great with the sentiment, too.

*Vicki* said...

Wow! What a beautiful background stamp!! I think the white gel pen details was a great idea as ir eally draws you in to the design!! Perfect sentiment too!! :) HUGS

Cat Craig said...

brilliant, perfect for the challenge.

Mac Mable said...

Great stamping and one very eye catching card with a fun sentiment x.

Carol L said...

This is the perfect cowboy/cowgirl card with that vivid red paisley print! I just love the white dots and the simple but perfect sentiment!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

One of my favourite techniques. It turned out lovely.

cuilliesocks said...

Super card Heidi, that is a fabulous pattern, and great colour too, Kate x

Bev Polen said...

Wow, Heidi! You knocked the SCS challenge out of the park with this remarkable card! A bandana is perfect and you did an amazing job of coloring the stamped image. If you had not said so, I would have thought it was designer paper! Very creative, Heidi!

scrappymo! said...

Very cute! Great bandana...