Thursday, November 29, 2018

Snowman with Friends Christmas Card

Hello!  I hope you are well!  I have a cute snowman card I would like to share today.


This card was created with a few layers, all starting from plain cardstock and watercolor paper.  First, the blue background is a watercolor wash.  I stamped the image on this bottom layer first.  Then I stamped it again on plain white cardstock, colored the image and fussy cut out a portion of the image to paper-piece over the blue watercolor wash.  I added Wink of Stella glitter all over the snowy hill.

The frame is watercolor paper with distress inks (blues, purple, black) sponged on and then perfect pearls + water flicked onto it.  I die cut the frame.  


Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Snowman and Friends, Memento black ink, alcohol markers, Wink of Stella, Distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Dusty Concord, Perfect Pearls, Watercolor paper, Koi Pan watercolors, Avery Elle Wonky Stitched rectangle dies.  

Save 10% on your order at I Brake for Stamps with my code SAVE10HEIDI.

I would love to enter SimonSaysStamp’s Wednesday Anything Goes challenge, ModSquad Challenge blog’s Critter Christmas challenge, and Lost Coast Portal to Creativitiy’s Cute challenge
Thank you so much for your visit today and all your kind comments.  You all are such an encouragement to me.  

13 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Such a lovely card Heidi, it's a gorgeous snowman image and so beautifully coloured and designed, Kate x

*Vicki* said...

Wowzer, that background is absolutely amazing Heidi! LOVE the blues all over this design and that image is colored beautifully too!! Love this frosty and friends design so much! HUGS

ionabunny said...

Awwww, so cute. Love the bunnies. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

Carol L said...

I think I have the chills after seeing this wintry but adorable card! I love that water-spotted background and those adorable bunnies with the snowman! Stay warm!

Cat Craig said...

Heidi, fabulous card. Love the layers and your fussy cutting is perfection.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fun and incredibly sweet Christmas card, love all the fussy cutting of the snowman and the pretty layers... Have a wonderful week... Megan

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is just the cutest scene, I just love the snow covered with all the shimmer and the sweet critters with him! That watercolor frame is terrific!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! You colored the images beautifully, and I love, love, love your frame!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a super cute scene with those adorable rabbits and snowman. I love the colors.

Mac Mable said...

Cute indeed with one adorable image and love the background blue layer x.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Great fussy cutting. I wouldn't have known if I didn't read your post. Very cute. Those bunnies look so cute. Love the sky too.

Bev Polen said...

This card is so beautiful with the gorgeous snowman and his lovely woodland friends, Heidi. I love the beautiful dark blue background. Great card, Heidi!

Ink Stained Roni said...

Awww, Heidi that is such a sweet card! I love how they are gathered around the snowman! Very cute!! Thanks for joining us at Lost Coast Designs!