Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Christmas Cards

Hello again! I have been playing with a Christmas work background stamp and wanted to share two cards I made with it. The first one I decided to use a Tea cup stamp with it to go along with the Coffee Lover’s Blog Hop.


I die cut a circle first and stamped on it with white pigment ink.  I then colored my coffee cup tower and fussy cut it to lay over the die cut.  

For my second card, I used Distress Oxide to stamp on green cardstock.  These inks really show up nicely over colored papers and I like this color combo with the Fired Brick over Gina K green cardstock.  I stamped out a couple of the poinsettia stamps from Just for Fun onto patterned paper scraps, then cut them out and layered them to make my own embellishment.  A bit of embossed cardstock with gold inked over top finished off the card.


Supplies:  Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Holiday Sentiments Background, Stamptangle Stacked Tea Cups, Poinsettia Flower, Poinsettia Line Flower, Versafine and Memento Black inks, Distress Oxide Fired Brick ink, Avery Elle White Pigment ink, Galaxy Gold pigment ink, Gina Marie Designs X Stitched Circle dies. Sticklers Gold glitter glue

I would also like to enter this in Pixie’s Crafty Workshop Snippets Challenge.

Thank you for stopping by and for all your encouraging comments!  If you are new, please consider following my blog.  

17 comments:

lauren bergold said...

beautiful cards! so vibrant and appealing!

Di said...

Two lovely cards Heidi - the snippets one is really gorgeous!

Hugs

Di xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards and both so festive. Great stacked cups on the coffee one too.

cuilliesocks said...

Two beautiful cards Heidi, lovely bright colours and brilliant designs,Kate x x

~amy~ said...

Heidi, these are both fabulous...especially the stacked coffee cup one!

Billie A said...

Awesome cards. The stacked cups and fun sentiments are sweet.

Carol L said...

Pick a pretty pair of Christmas cards and you can't go wrong! These are both so cute, and I love all those tiny trees on the first one :)

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow! These are both really stunning creations Heidi! I love the papers so much and your colors are festive and spot on with your designs!! Can't be a favorite here! Love them both! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Cat Craig said...

What a fabulous use of patterned paper.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a super pair of cards, love the background stamp using the different inks. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow! Two super stunning cards! I love the bright colors....so festive!

Conniecrafter said...

neat seeing it used a couple ways, like the christmas colors on the tea cups and great idea using pattern paper for your flower on the second so that it goes quicker!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Two awesome cards. The first one jumped right out at me with the brightly coloured mugs. They are super adorable.

Laura S. said...

I adore your whimsical cards!

Fikreta said...

WOnderful cards!

Karen Letchworth said...

Fabulous cards. You are indeed very creative and have quite an eye for design.

Hetty said...

Beautiful and festive cards.