Saturday, October 27, 2018

More with October Flower of the Month - Cosmos!!!

I was glad that I looked at my list of October birth flowers again, because in addition to the Calendula, the Cosmo is also on the list!  In August, I made a card with this stamp thinking that it was a poppy, but then saw that it is actually Cosmo.  So I got a second chance to use the stamp for the card I am sharing today.

All my Flower-of-the-Month cards can be found HERE.


I used purple and pinks that are more natural for a Cosmo.  It is interesting this is the October Flower of the Month, because this flower blooms in the summer, not the fall, but it is pretty, nonetheless.  I stamped the image with water-based markers (and a light spritzing of water) over a very light kraft cardstock.  The image was framed by scraps of cardstock and patterned paper, using an old decorative edge punch.

Supplies: Impression Obsession Cosmo stamp, Power Poppy sentiment, Tombo Water based markers, EK Success edge punch, kraft papers from Hobby Lobby, other items from stash.

I would love to play in Word Art Wednesday’s Anything Goes challenge.

Thank you for your visit and all your wonderful comments!


8 comments:

Carol L said...

This is one stunning card! Love the pretty delicate flowers and greenery, and especially the gingham dsp and mini hearts border! Beautiful!

Cat Craig said...

Love the watercolor style of this one Heidi, and glad you got to play with it again.

cuilliesocks said...

What a gorgeous card and I love the floral image with the watercolour look, beautifully coloured, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful. Brings back memories of when I used to grow them in my flower garden.

MiamiKel said...

Such a beauty this is, Heidi! I love the green and pink combo - one of my faves! And this flower is perfection! Love everything about your card!

Conniecrafter said...

so Gorgeous Heidi, I just love this, terrific stamping!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Absolutely stunning. The technique you used works so nice with this stamp. Job well done :)

*Vicki* said...

Wow the flowers look really amazing Heidi!! Love the colors and that pretty green checkered pattern in the background! Beautifully done! HUGS