Thursday, October 4, 2018

Potted Florals Card

Hello! Happy Thursday!  I know that soon I will need to bring in my potted plants that I have out on my back deck.  I think I need to do that before night time temperatures are 45 degrees or lower.  Right now it is milder again, so for now they are happy out there getting extra sun.   Most of mine are cacti and succulents, but I would like to have some pretty florals like I stamped on my card today.


I did do some simple masking over the smaller stamp before I stamped the tulip pot.  I then colored it in with alcohol markers before composing this layout with patterned papers. I’m not 100% sure what the smaller flower is, do you think it might be a amaryllis?  That is what I was thinking of when I picked the color.

 I used one of my older edge punches for the little yellow border. I find that my edge punches still work well and are worth keeping around.  Do you still have punches?



Supplies:  I Brake for Stamps Floral Half Sheet, Memento ink, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Echo Park Homegrown 6x6 paper pad, Recollections Enamel dots, EK Success edge punch, Avery Elle Wonky Stitched Rectangles dies.

(As always, Save 10% on your order at I Brake for Stamps using my code, SAVE10HEIDI)

Thanks for visiting today!  And double thanks for the encouragement that comes with both your comments and following my blog.  Have a crafty day!


13 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Sweet little pots, and I love that background paper with the small flowers.

*Vicki* said...

So gorgeous Heidi! You always find the best papers to go with your images and this layout really brings the images to life here!! Love this! HUGS

Mac Mable said...

Yes I think its an amaryllis too. Such a pretty card and love the yellow edge punch. Yes I do have a couple but they are rarely used x.

Carol L said...

You are a masking expert and this card proves it! Love the coloring you did along with the pretty papers! Sorry, I can't help you with the name of that flower, but whatever it is, you colored it quite well :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great images and your coloring is wonderful!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love the masking you did. No I don't know what that flower is, I usually don't know half the flowers I color, LOL! Love your pretty flower paper and the punch border is a nice touch, Oh yes I still use my punches :) Hope you have good temps for awhile so you can enjoy your plants outside

Bev Polen said...

Heidi, this card is gorgeous and cheerful! I love the pots of flowers, gorgeous patterned paper, and card design! Great work, Heidi!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely pots of plants here, pretty.x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Yes, I have lots of punches left.

Your card is so pretty. Greast colouring on your flowers.

I had succulents in my wedding bouquet. One was massive in size and my two bridesmaids had some in their bouquets too.

Viv said...

What sweet potted plants Heidi, super card again too ;) Viv xx

Chark said...

Lovely! Did you see the power poppy blog from about 2 weeks ago?

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a beautiful card, love the two flowers in the pots, maybe the other flower is an orchid, looks a little like one face on, love the tiny floral paper you have used too. Yes I still have and used some of my punches and my border punches are never away from my desk. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Marina said...

This is really pretty.