Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Thank You Card - Stencil Monopring with Distress Oxides

Hi everyone!  Hope you are doing well.  I have been trying to do more challenges lately and this is one inspired by SplitCoastStampers Clean and Simple challenge, to use stenciling and NO STAMPED OR DIE CUT IMAGE!!  Yikes!  (Sentiments are allowed.)


I decided to do a stencil monoprint by applying Distress Oxide inks to my stencil, spritzing it and then placing it in a clean area of my craft sheet where I could apply it to my paper.  It took me a few tries to get a color combination I liked.  I tried adding the color randomly at first, but I much prefer this ombré look.  

Supplies:  Hero Arts CL748 You’re So Kind, Versafine Black ink, Distress Oxide Fosilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry inks, Plaid Folk Art stencil Ditsy Floral, Gina Marie X Stitched Circle dies, sequins from my stash, Gina K Designs Passionate Pink cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by!  

9 comments:

Carol L said...

What I like most about this is that crazy cool color combination! I love the bright cheerful feeling I get from just looking at this card! Well done!

Mac Mable said...

Glad you persevered and found a colour combination you liked. Your card looks fabulous and what a unique and fabulous effect from the mono printing x.

*Vicki* said...

The colors look so pretty together on your stenciling! Such a pretty design and beautifully done! HUGS

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a cool card, reminds me of the beach. Have a wonderful week.... Megan

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful background and great colors. I love that stencil. Great

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Not an easy challenge but you knocked this one out of the park. Beautiful.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I do love the colors you used and the oxides give it such pretty color!

Cat Craig said...

Super combination of colors Heidi. They blend well and work perfectly with your stencil choice.

Daria said...

I love this technique. Your monoprint turned out great. I make these after using the stencil in the conventional way; the extra print is like a free gift, and it always makes me smile to see the results. It is almost never perfect, but it has character. If it is really bad, it still makes a great piece for die-cutting.

Thank you for reminding me of this.