Saturday, October 20, 2018

October Flower-of-the-Month Calendula (Plus a note about my comments)

Hello, hope you are well this weekend!  First of all, especially if I seemed not to have commented on your blog recently, please see my note at the bottom of this post.

I am continuing with October’s Birth Flower series - my second card this month.  You can see all my cards for the year HERE.  I have this lovely stamped image of a calendula that is from Blockhead stamps, a company that is now out of business.


I colored this in pinks and lighter green.  As I often do, if a card isn’t needed for anything else, and it looks right, I often will add a Sympathy sentiment.  You all know that it is hard to make these only when you need them, so I try to stash them away ahead of time. 

Supplies: Blockhead stamps Calendula, Memento black ink, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Gina K Assorted Greetings stamp set, Versamark Ink, Recollections White detail embossing powder, Gina K Dark Sage cardstock

A note on my comments:  I recently noticed that many of the comments I have been leaving on all your blogs have not gone through!  I was so sad, as I really enjoy visiting other blogs and seeing what you are making! 

Basically, I had thought a lot of people were moderating comments, but later happened to see that they never showed up.  For the one kind of comment box, when I hit submit, it apparently logs me out of my google account instead of submitting the comment.  I haven’t found an easy fix, but I will keep working on it.  So very very sorry if you read my blog, but thought I was not visiting yours!  I think this has been going on for weeks. :(

 I always appreciate every comment, and always try to visit your blog, too, if you leave a way for me to do so.

16 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Heidi, what a GORGEOUS card! I have a friend who has this set, and I've always wished I had it. You have sure made a stunning card with it, sweet friend! I love your coloring, and what a beautiful and elegant way to finish it. I've been wondering the same thing about comments to my blog friends. One recently said she left a comment that was never received. Hopefully, Blogger or Google (or someone) will figure it out and fix it. In the meantime, I left a comment on SCS! Hugs and love! xoxo

Bev Polen said...

Hi, Heidi! I just saw this awesome card on SCS and had to check your blog. I love this elegant and beautiful sympathy card, Heidi. Your coloring of it is awesome. The flower petals are colored so well that they look real, and the stem and leaves are the same. Great work, my friend! Regarding comments, I am experiencing problems leaving comments on most Google blogs. Sometimes I have to try several times before it will go through. Please let me know if you have any problems leaving messages on my site which is not a Google blog. You can email me at beverly@stampingwithguneauxdesigns.com. Hugs, sweet lady!

Lin said...

This is gorgeous, Heidi, you've chosen lovely colors to show off this stamp. And making it into a sympathy card works so nicely, too. Well done all around!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there Heidi, I'm getting your comments okay, but blogger does act up from time to time.
Your card is just lovely and just perfect for a sad occasion, Kate xx

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Your comments are coming through on my blog, I just cannot answer individually during Autumn Jubilee. I love your cards, this one is really pretty with the coloring you did.

Mac Mable said...

Technology is wonderful when it works! Such a beautiful card in such pretty colours and perfect as a sympathy card x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is wonderful with the beautiful flower design and colors. I am sorry you are having commenting issues. it seems Blogger is a fickle creature now. I hope my comments show up always. I guess if they don’t I would not no how to correct it.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Heidi, I love everything about your card! It's just lovely and fresh - these are always the hardest cards for me to make, but you have made one that is so comforting and just stunnigly colored ♥

Thank you for the lovely comments that you sprinkle on my blog! I so appreciate it!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful stamp and you have colored it perfectly!! I keep saying I am going to do some sympathy ahead of time but never get around to it.
Bummer about your comments not showing up, I wonder what is going on with that, so frustrating.

Carol L said...

THis is just so lovely and gives such a serene feeling with those pretty flowers. Beautiful coloring and I like the green sentiment panel that blends so softly with the flower image!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love, love this card! Great image and coloring. Seem to be getting your comments....always enjoy hearing from you. Hugs!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous card, lovely coloring.

Marina said...

Beautiful card, really nicely coloured. I've heard other people have also been having difficulty commenting lately- I'm honestly not sure whether I have too, as I've not gone back to check.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a beautiful sympathy card. Your colouring skills wow me.

I too am having trouble on some blogs. I've learned to hit "reply" so a message gets through. One one blog as soon as I hit comment, the comment goes blank and a box doesn't appear. Weird, eh?

*Vicki* said...

Heidi your flower image is so stunning!! I love the simplistic design and this certainly makes for a wonderful sympathy creation as well!! So nicely done! I've followed you for quite a while my friend and I will always follow you so as long as I'm in blog land!! BIGGEST HUGS

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Gorgeous card Heidi with a stunning stamp set what a shame they're out of business... I love the CAS layout of this card.
Sorry you're having issues.
Wonder if it's a google plus thing as I have problems leaving comments on folks Google plus format.
Hugs Shaz in Oz. X