Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Gingerbread Ornament Christmas Card

Hi Everyone!!  I am fitting in more Christmas cards this month, making sure I will have plenty in my stash when the time comes. 


I colored the image with alcohol markers, adding Wink of Stella glitter to the snowy portions. (You can probably see this in the detail photo.)  I then stamped out the little peppermint candy in pink and mint, hand cut them out and arranged them at the bottom of the image panel.  This layout idea came from Tuesday Morning Sketches #473.

I’m thinking of adding a bow to the top of the ornament, what do you think?


Supplies: Just for Fun Gingerbread House Ornament, Peppermint Candy 1, Sentiments 1 Unmounted sheet, Memento Black ink, Avery Elle pigment ink Mint to Be and Raspberry, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, American Crafts WishList 6x6 paper pad

Thanks for visiting!  If you have time, please consider leaving a comment or following my blog, so I know you were here.  Have a crafty day!

14 comments:

Carol L said...

This is a perfectly sweet and fun Christmas card, and a wonderful take on the sketch! Yes, I would definitely add the bow to the ornament, but it looks great as is! Thanks for playing along with the TMS challenges and we hope to see you again next week :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Ful of sweetness (pun intended). This card is so so cool. I'm in love with the image which you coloured so well, and the idea of using candy along the bottom is awesome. Yes, ribbon might be a nice touch. But it looks great without too.

Cat Craig said...

Sweet is the word that comes to mind. Darling card, and I can just picture a glass painted ornament just like your card depicts.

Mac Mable said...

Such a wonderful image and love the gingerbread house ornament and the cute candy cane slices at the bottom. Love your card as it is ....hold the bow x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, what an adorable ornament! I love the sweet little gingerbread house and your amazing coloring! Those little candies are a perfect border. Such a really sweet card!! I love it! Hugs and love! xoxo

Conniecrafter said...

this is just too cute, I think a bow would be a pretty touch to it!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute with the gingerbread house. Love the peppermint candy too.

*Vicki* said...

Adorable and sweet card Heidi!! Love the coloring on your gingerbread house along with the fun border of circle candies!! Great layout and colors!!

Bev Polen said...

Heidi, this Christmas card is gorgeous. I love the beautiful gingerbread house ornament on the card!

Debbie said...

So cute! This gingerbread house is adorable!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Patti said...

This came out perfect, I love your coloring, image choices - everything. I think it's fine as is or if anything a little silver thread or twine at the top of the ornament. I only mentioned because you asked it definitely doesn't "need" anything, but needing isn't always the issue with us crafters right? LOL Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a wonderful addition to your collection, love the gingerbread ornament and it looks fab as is, but can definitely see it with a simple string or bow added too. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Melissa Craig said...

Such a darling card! Love the peppermints. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Anonymous said...

Perfect as is . This is a great bauble image, I love the look of it. Scrappymo