Thursday, October 25, 2018

Monster Mash

Hello!  Halloween is approaching and I am just about to get my cards in the mail.  The other night at my craft group, I decided to color these little monsters up with colored pencils.  It is a lot easier to travel with a small case of pencils than markers, so I usually what I use when I am there.  Also, I do like the extra texture you get with pencils.


The first card I used a black card front with a peek a boo window, cut up the sentiment, and added silver Nuvo glitter drops. 


The second card uses scraps from a Halloween paper pad.  I really do like coloring little monsters, because of the freedom of choosing whatever colors I feel like. 

Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Monster Mash stamp set, Versafine Black ink, Prismacolor pencils, American Crafts Pumpkin Patch 6x6 patterned paper pad, Nuvo Silver glitter and Black drops, MFT Peekaboo window die, Avery Elle Wonky Stitched Rectangles die, other items from my stash.
(Save 10% at the I Brake for Stamps Store with my code SAVE10HEIDI)



9 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Oh your little monsters are such fun and super designs too Heidi, lovely colours,perfect Halloween cards, Kate x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word that monster is so stinkin' CUTE! :) Love your coloring and the pretty little addition of the sparkle drops makes a fun accent too! Fabulous card Heidi! Now with my DT hat on...Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Bev Polen said...

Oh my goodness, Heidi! Where can you see such a gorgeous little girl monster on cards than on this post? I love her and the colors used to make her beautiful. I especially love the title of the post - Monster Mash! Great job, Heidi!

Carol L said...

EEP!! That is one cute little egg wearing a tutu and ballerina shoes! Love the horns, green hair and fun designs on these cards! Great job on both :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a cute ballerina monster. She graces your cards wonderfully.

Conniecrafter said...

How fun are those, cute coloring and great sentiments to go with them!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fun pair of cards for Halloween, love the bright colours you have used for the monster's and they look fantastic against the black background. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Marina said...

Fun cards!

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely card. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Hope to see you next time.
Hugs, Iwona