Friday, December 23, 2016

Butterfly and Flowers Card

Edited to add: 12/28/16. I was so pleased that my card was chosen as a Top 3 pick at the ModSquad Challenge blog this week! Thank you!



Recently, I took some time to clean up my craft area, and I decided to make a little pile of the half-done cards so I could complete them. This project is from that pile.


Although it is nearly Christmas, we have now passed the Winter Solstice, so each day is getting a little longer and you can think of Spring!


The butterfly was made from a piece of glossy cardstock done with the mother of pearl technique.  I had also stamped it onto the kraft cardstock before embossing that part, so you can see the antennae.

Supplies: Butterfly stamp is an unknown one, Sentiment is Just for Fun, Archival Ink, Cuttlebug embossing folder, K&Co Susan Winget paper pad

I would love to participate in the ModSquad A Little Bit of Spring challenge and Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes!

I do not think I will be blogging again until after Christmas, so I want to thank you for reading my blog and wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Holiday Season!  See you again soon!

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Your butterfly creation is just gorgeous!! I love the matching background with the soft colors too!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2017!! HUGS :)

Mac Mable said...

Such a delicate and pretty card. Happy Christmas to you and yours and a healthy 2017 x

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful! That's a good idea... maybe if I have all of my partially done projects in one place I'd think more often to pick one up and finish it... thanks so much for stopping by my place!

lostinpaper said...

What a great idea! I have a few bits of UFO's (unfinished objects) sitting in a basket... might be time to bring them out, thanks for the beautiful butterfly inspiration! Hope you have the most fabulous of Christmasses and that 2017 is fantabulous!

Judy Woodland said...

How very lovely! Your butterfly is just gorgeous, as is your background paper. It really smacks of spring. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad!!
Judy~Challenge Host

Carol L said...

I love how pretty this turned out! Way to use those half-finished elements to create a wonderful card! Love that butterfly!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, I love the paper to go with your butterfly!! Great design.
Wishing you and your family a most wonderful Christmas!!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a stunning make from a half made card hiding in your stash, love the black layers that draw your eye, Thank you for all your lovely comments during this year... and wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Beautiful card Heidi, great work, indeedy. Love the contrast with butterfly and Kraft emobissing.
Blessings of our Lord upon you as we remember Jesus' birthday and a healthy 2017.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Beth Norman said...

Wowza. So very beautiful! The DP coordinates so well with your image. That butterfly just pops. The colours are so very beautiful. Have a very Merry Christmas and I look forward to watching you in 2017. Hugs.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like this a lot. I'm ready for spring cards! Bring them on. Gorgeous butterfly.

Cat Craig said...

What a delightful card Heidi. So fresh. Merry Christmas!