Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Jolly Christmas Tree - Mixed Media Wall Hanging

Although I tend to make cards that are CAS or Traditional, I always say that I am willing to try anything and today's post features this!


I think this is a little bit of a kitchen sink project -  I had an idea and I just threw everything into it.  The base is corrugated cardstock from a piece of packaging. I spread whipped spackle and glitter onto it for the base.  


My tree is part of a trio of trees that I colored with alcohol markers and trimmed out just one.  I added a generous amount of stickles to the tree and the tag.


I then just went to town adding embellishments. The one that is a little special is that little gift.  It is a self adhesive epoxy shape that I stuck to some plaid patterned paper and then added a bow.  That was really fun.

Supplies:  Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Stamptangle Trees, Memento ink, Spectrum Noir markers, Stickles Glitter Glue, Tag is from a Pebbles 6x6 paper pad called Home for Christmas, KI Playlist Icicles sticker charms (the hearts), Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio epoxy squares, American Crafts Glitter ribbon and bakers twine, gems etc from my stash, Faber Castell whipped spackle.

I would love to play along with the following challenges!
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge - Make It Sparkle!
Merry Monday - Holiday Cheer!
Tuesday Throwdown Anything Goes!
Stamps and Stencil Mixed Media Christmas Wishes

THANK YOU for visiting! 

16 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

This is fabulous, what a cool tree and how great everything looks on the corrugated board! Love it! Hugs, Autumn

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Super cute hanging - just love all the layers!!

April said...

I love this so much, Heidi! Such bright cheery colors and elements!

*Vicki* said...

I think your project turned out very stunning!! I love SO many different styles that I'm sometimes all over the place! LOL!! I love the dimension and layers on this design!! So festive and fun! HUGS

Carol L said...

This turned out to be so much fun! I love that whimsical little wobbly tree, and the little gift with the bow - but that sparkly heart is fantastic too!

Bonnie said...

What a fun mixed media project, Heidi! Love that tree and the little gift under it! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! Merry Christmas!

Beth Norman said...

Boy oh boy do I ever love this card. The tree is the cutest. Love the corregated paper too.

Linda Langes said...

Can see you've had a tonne of fun with this Heidi. Always good to try new things and I especially love the sweet little epoxy present.

Conniecrafter said...

Such a fun creative wall hanging, I love your idea for the package and the fun style to the tree!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very creative. I like the corrugated cardboard for the base.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Your card is just delightful -- so fun and festive! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday. Warm Christmas wishes to you and yours!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO sweet, Heidi. I love the corrugated paper and amazing textures. I would LOVE to have you stop by and share your amazing art with us in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. Our sponsor for the current challenge is $25 Simon Says Stamp. I'd really enjoy having you join us.
Karen L
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Cat Craig said...

Love the texture on this piece.

debby4000 said...

Love that tree and what a great idea to use the corrugated paper, brilliant card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

rachel said...

Cool make - love what you have done. Thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils! Hugs rachel xx

SewPaperPaint said...

PS. Thanks so much for sharing your Christmas Wishes with us at Stamps & Stencils. Hugs, Autumn