Sunday, December 18, 2016

We Three Kings Christmas card - CAS with distress inks

Edited to add (12/20/16) I was so pleased to see my card was listed as a favorite this week at Freshly Made Sketches. Thank you so much for the honor!


Thanks for stopping by today to visit and take a look at this clean and simple Christmas card.


The background was made by sponging distress inks over cardstock. The colors are Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Dusty Concord and Black Soot.  I went an extra step and lightly misted the piece with water.  I used my regular spray bottle, but held it very high above the paper so only the very fine mist hits the paper.  I love the soft look!


I added a tiny star sequin to the stamped image for just the right CAS touch.

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps 3 Wise Men on Camels, Sentiments 3 Unmounted Sheet, Archival Jet Black ink, Neenah solar white cardstock, black cardstock and sequin from my stash, Distress Ink colors: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Dusty Concord and Black Soot.

I would love to participate in the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes!


I am glad you visited today!  Come back anytime :)

12 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Your distress ink background shines Heidi!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous background for your silhouettes!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, how pretty. Thanks for the tip about holding the mister well away from your image. I must give it a try.

Jen Mitchell said...

Your background is fabulous. The colors and the starry skies are absolutely perfect for the three wise men. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Langes said...

Wow what a gorgeous background Heidi - love the colour combo you've used - so pretty!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, this is GORGEOUS! The amazing sky for the wise men as they travel to see the Christ child is so beautiful...I can only imagine how they followed the star to see Him. Beautifully done, and what a perfect sketch card! Hugs, sweet friend, and wishes for a blessed Christmas! xoxo

wannabcre8tive said...

This card is fabulous. I love the awesome background you created for the Wise Men.

Jeanne H said...

A wonderful card!

Carol L said...

The colors in the background look absolutely stunning! I love that tiny sequin star accent too! Beautiful card!

Conniecrafter said...

absolutely gorgeous, I just love the way you did the background!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is gorgeous. I like the lightly misted background. It has such a subtle texture look to it... very realistic.

*Vicki* said...

Your coloring of that sky background is just brilliant and I love your take on the sketch too!! Brilliantly done! HUGS :)