Thursday, December 15, 2016

Holiday Joy & Coffee - handstamped card

It is really cold and windy day and the perfect kind of day to make a second pot of coffee to warm up.  I am playing along with the Winter Coffee Lovers Bloghop -- so much fun!

(Click images to enlarge.)

This card uses quite a bit of stamping.  The background is a stamp set called Ribbons and Rick-Rack that I heat embossed on watercolor paper.  I colored with water-based markers and blended it out with water.  

The other images are from a set called Coffee. The mug was stamped on patterned paper and the beans were stamped on watercolor cardstock and colored with the same waterbased markers, but I did not add any water to those.  


This is only the first or second time I used my Joy diecut! I love the font but was having trouble gettingit to fit on other cards since the font was so large.  I do love it, though!

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Ribbons and Ric Rack stamp set, Coffee Unmounted Sheet, Versamark ink and white embossing powder, Versafine Onyx Black, Tombow waterbased markers, Impression Obsession Joy die, MFT DieNamics pierced square dies.
Thanks so much for coming by my blog!  Have a cup of coffee and stay awhile! Please leave a comment so I know you were here!  

25 comments:

lostinpaper said...

It's such a beautiful die cut 'Joy', I'm so glad you could use it, sometimes I've ended up making a whole card around just one thing lol, but it's so totally worth it, especially if the result is this much fun!

Ceal said...

Fun card! Love the bright colors

Carol L said...

I love that Joy diecut and how you placed it on that pretty cup! Loving those snowflakes on the cup of coffee, and it's been brutally windy and cold here today too! Brrrrrrrr

Cat Craig said...

Wonderfully cheery card, and that Joy die is fabulous.

Helen F. said...

Festive coffee card :-)

Darnell said...

Ah, coffee and joy go hand-in-hand, Heidi, so this is a perfect card! Your background is very festive!! Happy Holiday hugs, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a bright and beautiful background you created for your coffee mug. I love those colors.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks for the cuppa ☕️ Heidi, though mine is tea 😄
Coffee and I don't get on. Love the card, how clever to colour those ribbon Ric race stamps that way. Have a joy die on order but it's simpler than that one, do love the font. Have a peace Die in that sort of font just used it today, haven't for a while!! It's fun to get underused stash and use it!!
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Beth Norman said...

Lovely card, Heidi. Your stamped ribbon looks like the real stuff.

Arianna Barbara said...

Fabulous card!!! I like so much the cup!

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

WOW, I really thought those were layered ribbons on the background at first glance then I read and it is a stamp, so perfect, thank you for sharing

~amy~ said...

Um, WOW. Check out all that glorious stamping. Your card is amazing!

Becca Yahrling said...

Love the fun stamps you used on this beauty!

Viv said...

Great card here Heidi, love the bright colours and swirly sentiment ;) Viv xx

Fikreta said...

very nice card!

Conniecrafter said...

so cute, love the ribbon background, wow it looks so real, you did a fabulous job coloring it!!

Linda Langes said...

Love the background stamped ribbons - how good do they look!

Teri said...

Joy is what I feel when I have that first sip of coffee in the morning. LOL . Lovely the fun and festive background.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great job on the bright background. I thought they were real ribbons.

Hetty said...

Such a jolly card.

CherylQuilts said...

LOVE this card, Heidi, and that "joy" die is beautiful with the lovely script! Stunning again! Hugs!

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous card and it is so perfect for the coffee lover. I also love the Joy die you used.

*Vicki* said...

Yum yum yum Heidi!! I really love your snowflake coffee mug here and your scattering of coffee beans!! :) You've done such a great job with this festive coffee design!! HUGS

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Awesome coloring... fantastic background... love it!!

Helen Gullett said...

This is totally joyful and cheerful card :)