Thursday, December 8, 2016

Quick and Easy Candy Cane Card with digi stamp

ETA (12/12/16) I was very excited this morning to see that my card was chosen as the weekly winner this week for Merry Monday's Candy Cane challenge! Thank you so much!



I have to admit that I thought I would be all done with my Christmas crafting by now.  I participate in more than one Christmas card making challenge throughout the year so that I don't have to rush around in December. HOWEVER, when I counted my cards, I was short about 10 (note to self: count the cards earlier!) so I will be sharing more Christmas cards. I hope you aren't sick of them.


This was a digi stamp that was easy to color once I decided what should be white and what should be colored in the candy canes.


I added Wink of Stella to the ribbon.  Easy peasy was my plan for the rest of the card.  I did hand stamp the sentiment on the inside, but it didn't merit taking a photo.


Supplies: Power Poppy Candy Cane digi, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, American Crafts Let it Snow 6x6 paper pad, Spellbinders Labels Four dies, gems from my stash

I would love to participate in the following challenge:
Cards in Envy - Wouldn't that be Sweet
Merry Monday - Candy Canes

Thanks for coming by!  I appreciate your visit so much!

17 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

I LOVE those markers! Really cute card, I'm jealous you've completed so many. I need to plan better for next year.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your candy cane bouquet and you colored it so beautifully!!

Carol L said...

You've colored this image to the max! What a beautiful card! Good luck finishing up those cards on time!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a great Christmas card for your collection, I was writing my cards out last night and to my surprise I am at least on par with you I need another 10 cards, thankfully I know who they will be going to and the close ones like the neighbours can be last minute quick cards... goodluck with your list have a fantastic weekend... Megan

Kathy S said...

Hello Heidi - great choice for a "sweet" entry at Cards in Envy. Your candy canes are cool and I love the multi-colors. Great entry. Hope you'll join again soon. Best to you this Holiday Season.

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so pretty and you have colored it beautifully. You did a great job with the Spectrum Noir markers.

Conniecrafter said...

so sweet :) love the way you colored it, I bought that one too, I need to get some printed off and give it a try with the ones I need to make :)

Linda said...

Love your beautifully colored trip of candy canes. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great colors and I like that you didn't stick to just red and white for the candy canes. I found I was about 10 cards shorts myself. Plus I like to have a few others around because you never know when you'll need a spare.

Deborah Frings said...

I think these candy canes are lovely - the colours are just super! I was short on my cards too - but getting there!

Lisa Lynn said...

I like the colors of your candy canes and it seems you can buy them these days in such a variety of colors and flavors. I make cards all year round and it always seems I need to make my "special ones" last minute so I hear you since we are like Santa's elves....never done, hehe. Just remember to breathe and enjoy the season.

Theresa's Studio said...

Cute Card! It appears that we like the same digis.

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, I love the colours. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Theresa's Studio said...

Congrats on your win at Merry Monday,Heidi!

Sandy Trefger said...

Love your beautiful candy canes and the color of your background! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Sybrina K said...

This is such a pretty card! I love that candy cane image, and you've colored it beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, I LOVE this candy cane and the wonderful colors you've used! No, I could never tire of seeing Christmas cards, and this is fabulous with the great DP you've used! Beautifully done, my friend! Hugs! xoxo