Friday, December 30, 2016

Fun Birthday Card for a kid!

Hello and I hope you are enjoying the last couple days of the year!  We have been hit with several illnesses during the holidays, so we are taking it easy. I am hoping everyone will be set to go back to work and school in the New Year.

Here is a card that I made for a little boy last month. 


I colored the image a while ago with alcohol markers and then added glitter all over with my wink of stella pen.  


Knowing a card is for a child allowed me to use some fun embellishments like these glitter foam stars and the glittery enamel dots. This card did go over well - he thought it was really fun.  

Supplies:  Art Impressions Deep Breath Birthday stamp set, Memento black inks, Specturm Noir markers, Wink of Stella glitter pen, My Mind's Eye Hootenanny 6x6 paper pad, Avery Elle Wonky rectangles dies, embellishments from my stash

I would love to participate in the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

yes your card is really funny and brought a huge smile to my face x Love the fish and the huge puffy cheeks. Sorry to hear you had illness in the family over the festive period x

*Vicki* said...

Oh Heidi, that puffer fish REALLY cracks me up!! I just LOVE your coloring and the super fun papers you've used with your design!! So fun!! I bet he loved this card!! :) Best wishes for a happy, healthy and creative New Year friend! HUGS

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, this is one ADORABLE card, and I'm sure that the little boy loved it! Your coloring is fabulous, and I really love the DP you've used! I'm so sorry that you've been hit with such terrible sickness. I pray that you will get much-needed rest and all feel better soon! Hugs and wishes for a happy and healthy new year!! Love! xoxo

Conniecrafter said...

He is so fun, your coloring is just fantastic, the papers are just perfect with this, great use of the stars too! Hope everyone is recovering in your family, such a bummer to be sick this time of year especially

Linda Langes said...

Lots of fun for a littlie - great image and fun colours Heidi.

Carol L said...

That's one fun little birthday card with the windy blowfish! LOL Love the sparkly silver stars and wonky stitching too! Happy New Year!

scrappymo! said...

This card is so darn cute!

Beth Norman said...

What a cute card. You coloured the image to perfection, and I love your DP. Happy New Year Heidi!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Heidi, the image is super cute and I love the cheerful colors, absolutely fabulous 😊

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Marina said...

Yes it's fun and also beautifully made - love the bright colours.

Lisa Babitz said...

I LOVE this!

Cat Craig said...

So darling, and perfect for a little guy.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Ha! That puffer fish is a party animal for sure! He's just way too cool for words. This is a fun card and it appeals to my kid at heart.