Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Let's Send More Cards! (Pre-January 2017 Obscure Holiday Planning)

I am posting something different today.  I know I love making cards, but I don't always get them actually sent out.  I thought I would think of fun new occasions to send friends a family a little happy mail!

Cards don't need to just be about birthdays (although updating my birthday calendar is definitely going to be on my resolution list! Actually, finding it would be great.)

Here are some occasions in the next month that are appropriate for cardmaking and sending a card to a friend or family member:

January - Hot Tea Month

January 5 - National Bird day
(I have these birds already colored in my sketchbook, I wonder if I should get them made into cards soon?)

January 8 - Bubble Bath day

January 10 - Houseplant Appreciation day

January 14 - Dress up your pet day

January 20 - Penguin Awareness day

January 23 - National Pie day AND National Handwriting Day

OR find more obscure holidays here.


I hope this inspires you to send an extra card to two this next month!  Which of your facebook friends would be the most surprised to get snailmail rather than a PM.

Let me know in the comments what you might send. Links to your card are welcome, too!

11 comments:

Viv said...

Oh yes do make a card with those sweet little birds Heidi! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and all the best for 2017 also ;)hugs Viv xx

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow I wish, I can't keep up with the birthdays I have to make for, I have 60 just on my side of the family, then I have my hubby's side and then friends and any sympathy's or get wells that come up, it keeps me quite busy :)

*Vicki* said...

That bird is super cute Heidi!! I totally agree with what you've saying about this! We all love making cards, but I have such a hard time sending them out which is really silly. I am really bad about remembering birthdays unless I have them wrote down of course...but then I forget to look!! These are fun days to send out cards to someone to brighten up their day unexpectedly! :) Wishing you a wonderfully happy and creative New Year!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Yes, Connie, I know you send out most of your cards and you have such a large family to keep you busy cardmaking! I think that is great!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks, Vicki!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks, Viv! I hope to start creating soon. Still recovering from traveling for Christmas now!

Cat Craig said...

Darling birds Heidi. Thanks so much for the link...once I get back to Maryland...I am digging in to that list.

Carol L said...

The birds are colored perfectly and will make great cards. I love your idea of sending more cards out too!!

scrappymo! said...

Your wee birds look so pretty coloured up. They are calling out to be made into cards!

Sharon Fontenot said...

What a fun idea! I can just imagine friends getting a cards and being totally surprised that you thought of them on such auspicious occasions.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love getting good mail and sending it as well. I've definitely noticed a decline. I have to say that I was quite disappointed in this year's holiday trend. It went like this: I'd send a Christmas card and get an email in return. THe email said: thank you for the Christmas card. I'm not sending any this year.

Yep. No personal note, no nothing. How sad is that?!

I love obscure holidays. We need to celebrate more of them..