Sunday, February 28, 2016

Daffodils with Prima Watersoluble Oil Pastels

Hello and thanks for stopping by.  

I continued to play with stamping with my Prima oil pastels, like in my card from yesterday.  I had some stamps I just purchased from I Brake for Stamps (they are on sale) and since they are springy, I wanted to use them right away.


The process is the same, I just colored right on the stamp, spritzed with water, and then stamped onto my paper. I used a brush to pick up a bit more color to fill in the flower.

I used watercolor paper again, but you will see a sample below I stamped onto plain ivory cardstock.    I also applied a little pastel to the edge of my papers and then blended it with a baby wipe.

For the sentiment, I practiced A LOT because I typically mess up sentiments and then mess up my whole project.  But what I decided is instead of spritzing the water on the stamp, I just dabbed a little water onto it with a waterbrush and that was MUCH more controlled.  



I would make a suggestion that you have a few pieces of cardstock ready and stamp your image out twice without reinking the stamp.  That way if it is a bit too watery or dark, you will have a couple impressions to choose from.  They really do just turn out differently each time.

Supplies:
I Brake for Stamps - March Daffodil
I Brake for Stamps - Happy Easter Eggs (I cut the eggs and the sentiment apart)
Prima Watersoluble Oil Pastels - Yellow, Yellow-Orange, Orange, Yellow-Green, Dark brown and Black
My Mind's Eye Bramble Rose paper pad


6 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Those flowers are incredible, thanks for sharing how to use the pastels, I've not used them before and was wondering how they would look!

Greta said...

Wow--this looks like a painting! Beautiful work!

AlisonC said...

This is so lovely and spring like. I have not tried pastels but they give really good colour. Love the background too.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, you sure did get a good stamp and pretty blending, love the wood background too!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, I've found your blog through Connie's when I saw your comment! How sweet! So glad we found each other - again! And I'm so glad you are on SCS too now. I love this card with your beautifully colored daffodils and amazing background! Hugs, sweet friend!

Zelda said...

Oh my gosh... this is just amazingly beautiful! WOW!