Thursday, September 7, 2017

Teacher Card

I sortof missed the back-to-school crafting (and I am really not quite ready for the fall holidays) BUT I am using this period to get excited about making some teacher thank-yous for later use.  I combined several challenges to make this card.

I colored the image with alcohol markers and then cut the cardstock with a tag die.  I also cut a scrap of red cardstock with the same die and trimmed it out to create a sort of border.  


The papers are all scraps and I was able to get just enough to follow a sketch.  In the end, I tilted the tag a bit, just because it felt right at the time.  

Supplies: Stampendous School for Changito stamp set, Versafine and Memento Black inks, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Tim Holtz tag dies, My Mind's Eye Summer Fresh 6x6 paper pad, other cardstocks from my stash.

I would love to enter these challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #419
The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge
Word Art Wednesday  - Anything Goes
SimonSaysStamp Monday Challenge - Stamp It


I truly appreciate your visit today and especially to those of you that follow my blog and/or left a comment today.  Thank you for your time!

19 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Love the red border around the tag. The image is so cute with that sentiment. Such a fun and vibrant card x

Darnell said...

Good eye, Heidi! Tilting that adorable tag makes it align with the fun chevron background pp! The teachers will love these thank yous!! Hugs, Darnell

Melissa Craig said...

I've not seen these monkies in forever! A former DT member used them a lot. Your card is so fun, so whimsical! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Cat Craig said...

I like the tilt, its fun.

Carol L said...

What a fun card and a great way to thank a teacher! I just love that little monkey image - SO cute! Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning sketch this week! I tilted my tag too! LOL

Di said...

Such a fun card Heidi! Love the snippets you sued and the monkey is hilarious - a real gem of an image!

Hugs

Di xx

Beth Norman said...

What a cute card. It's nice to have cards on hand when you need them. Good for you for making this ahead of time.

Viv said...

Such a cute card here Heidi, just love that monkey ;) Viv xx

April said...

This is so cute and bright! Great job!

Janice M said...

What a cute card! I like the tag at an angle. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

So cute!! I love this image and the chevron paper!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Mia said...

Fun, cute and pretty card, Heidi! I love the beautiful colours! Kisses, my friend.

wannabcre8tive said...

A really cute card. I love this cute Changito and the colorful books.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hey Heidi! This is SO super cute. It's so fun and colorful, and I want to thank you for stopping by to share your talents with us. I appreciate your participation and hope that you will join us again soon.
Have a blessed week,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Marina said...

I love this and I think it's a great idea to make your teacher thank yous while there's 'back to school' inspiration around. Actually, I make very few back-to-school cards but lots of school thank yous - there are so many teachers, teaching assistants, playleaders to thank! I love the way you've coloured that monkey image, the bright palette and the way you mounted it on a plain red tag.

Maura said...

Heidi, that little monkey with the books is so adorable! It will definitely make a teacher smile! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

scrappymo! said...

This is a very fun and very cute card. I have some of those little monkey fellow stamps too! They are too cute.

Conniecrafter said...

Always good to be prepared ahead of time for thank you's! I like how you tilted the tag, great colors!!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a super cheeky looking monkey! Love the sketch and the papers are fun. Have a wonderful week... Megan GD Snippets Playground