Thursday, October 21, 2021

Butterflies and Dragonflies!

 Hello everyone!  A quick share tonight of two cards.  

I made the backgrounds for a challenge in my stamping group.  We were to used alcohol inks and then dot lines and blending solution down them to get a different blended look.  I used yellow, orange and pink inks.  I also used Yupo paper, which I do really like for alcohol inks.  I tried to transfer some foil to the ink, but it didn’t work out very well for me.  You might be able to see a bit of it.

I always have trouble covering up these kind of backgrounds, so I heat embossed my stamps from Close to My Heart over top of vellum and then cut them out to go over top.  I will add sentiments as I send them out.  

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely work, Heidi. Your alcohol ink background turned out so well, and yes, I can even see the foil.

Lisa Babitz said...

Your backgrounds look great! I love the black butterfly and dragonfly over them. So pretty!

Conniecrafter said...

Great job on the backgrounds and I love the butterfly and dragonfly with them, perfect choice!

April said...

These are so pretty! I love the images you added.

cuilliesocks said...

Two beautiful cards Heidi, your colours are gorgeous and I love the dragonfly and the butterfly, lovely designs, Kate x

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous cards Heidi, love how you didn't cover up the background but were still able to add that sweet butterfly and dragonfly!

Mac Mable said...

WOW these look amazing....I love the vibrant alcohol ink backgrounds and the very pretty butterfly and dragonfly. Stunners, both of them Heidi x.