Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Just for Fun Rubber Stamps November Challenge!

The months sure are flying by!  I can't believe that Halloween is all wrapped up and November is here!  But that also means that it is time for a new challenge over at the Just for Fun Rubber Stamps blog and the theme this month is "Give Thanks."  I hope you will be able to participate as you could be the lucky winner of a gift certificate to the store.


I decided to make a Thanksgiving card with the Stamptangle Gourds stamp.  Last weekend, I went to a fall party, there were all these pretty gourds in lovely fall colors arranged as the centerpieces.  I feel like the stamptangled design of this stamp gives you a lot of freedom to color these gourds in either realistic or fantastic colors.  

(Click on image to enlarge.)

I stamped the gourds onto watercolor paper and heat embossed with gold.  I then used watercolor pencils and blended them out with water.  After that, I added a layer of watercolor marker to certain details of the image.  I blended these with just a little water.  It was fun to color with more than one medium!


I used a Frayed Screen background stamp to add subtle texture over the die cut and the sentiment panels.  I also used a Versamarker to add embossing powder to the border of the die cut to tie it in nicely with the image.

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Stamptangle Gourds, Tattered Screen and Happy Thanksgiving sentiment, Versafine ink, Versamarker, Recollections Gold Detail embossing powder, Versafine Olympia Green ink, Hero Arts Soft Sand ink, Spellbinders Labels Three dies, watercolor paper and cardstocks from my stash, Derwent watercolor pencils, Tombow Watercolor markers.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I will be back again tomorrow!  See you then!

10 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

Beautiful fall colors and I love the traditional sentiment.

BożenA said...

Beautiful card thanksgiving. I love gold stamping and beautiful watercolor coloring. It looks amazing!
BożenA xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Pretty card! Next to colored leaves my favorite part about this time of the year is all the pretty gourds!

Cat Craig said...

The gold embossing really adds a festive touch.

Steph Ackerman said...

Great card, love the gold embossing.

lostinpaper said...

This is so wonderful, love love the gold embossing!

Carol L said...

Those gourds are fantastic, and just beautiful with autumn colors! Love this card!

Beth Norman said...

What a wonderful design and layout. I love how you embossed with gold. I should try that. Thanks for the inspiration.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow they are gorgeous, I love the gold embossing on these, really gives a cool look to them and great coloring!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! These are so pretty!! I really love the gold embossing and soft colors! :) HUGS