Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August is Hot, Hot, Hot!

I have a fun summery card to share and an announcement about Just for Fun's August Challenge.


The theme is Hot, Hot, Hot! and you can see that this can be interpreted in many ways.  I really hope you will play along.  You do not need to use Just for Fun stamps, but you could win a gift certificate for some!


I made a summery, beach card. I stamped the palm tree with three colors of Distress Oxide ink onto the back side of a piece of cardstock that I had embossed.  I learned this technique from fellow JFF Design Team member, Stampwilly.  The background was stamped twice, once with light blue Distress ink and once with a medium blue.  

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber stamps Beach Unmounted sheet, Striped background stamp, Sentiment Sheet 1, Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Distress ink (regular) Tumbled Glass, Broken China, cardstock from my stash.

Thanks for visiting my blog today! 

6 comments:

*Vicki* said...

August really is a hot month for sure! I really love your card design with your soothing image and colors here!! HUGS

Mac Mable said...

Love how you have interpreted the mood board x Calm and lovely x

Carol L said...

I love palm trees in any color because they always give me a sense of serenity! I just love this cute little card!

Cat Craig said...

Great card...those stripes are such fun and help to highlight your middle piece. Love this.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful colors, and great beachy feel!

Beth Norman said...

Gorgeous. Love your striped background. I also love that stamp.