Monday, January 14, 2019

Pastel Chris-mouse Card

Hello!  I hope you are well. It is very cold with just a touch of snow on the ground here.  It definitely feels like winter.  I have my first Christmas card of the year to share with you.  My regular readers know that I make Christmas cards year-round, however, I definitely didn’t intend to start making them this early.  However, I have been mulling over a few blog challenges, and this is just the card that evolved with the inspiration.



I paper pieced the mouse’s pj’s with some scrap patterned paper from a Christmas pack, then colored her with pencils.  I matted the image with some glitter cardstock that looked white until I used it on this project, and now it looks pink!  

The background stamp was inked up in Distress Oxide ink.  I then stamped the saying and used loose glitter around the edge of this.  My snowflake punch seemed to be the right embellishment for this.  

Supplies:  Art Impressions Chris-Mouse Mini Shaker stamp set, Hero Arts Berry Background stamp, Versafine Black ink, Distress Oxide Tattered Rose Ink, Crate Paper Peppermint paper pad, LoveNicole glitter cardstock, EK Success Snowflake and Square punch, other items from my stash

I would love to play in Art Impressions Pretty Pastel challenge, Pixie’s Snippets Playground Anything Goes with scraps challenge,  and Tuesday Throwdowns Winter Sparkle challenge.

Thank you for your kind visit!  I truly love reading every comment!

13 comments:

Cat Craig said...

So cute Heidi. Love that bit of silver glitter around the edges.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Hey! That is so super cute! Great papers, glitter look and coloring. We had a Chris-mouse in our house too, but I think we got it caught and sent it on it's way outside again. It was a nice warm day so hope it found a place to crawl in besides our house.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is adorable! Sentiment is perfect! Missed blogging over the past year, nice to visit again! Carri ~ https://doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com/

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Great paper piecing. This is just so darn cute!! I'm jumping on the band wagon too and am making cards early this year. I want to join in the alphabet Christmas challenge. If I hurry up and get my DT work done in time I have a cool idea for Artifical Christmas tree.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, how adorable! I really love this sweet little PJ mouse...hehe! He's adorable, and I love his paper-pierced pajamas. Such a sweet card! Hugs and love! xoxo

Lisa Babitz said...

So cute! I love the background panel you created. Great paper piecing as well.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a cute little mouse, love the p-j's, one down on this years count... have a wonderful week... Megan

Conniecrafter said...

Good for you, I have not done any yet but I really need to get on it.
He is just too cute, love the paper pieced pj's and your great coloring. I love the sentiment over the snowflake like that!

*Vicki* said...

Now that is the cutest little mouse with his paper pieced PJs!!! Love the soft colors and glittery frame! :)

Carol L said...

This is just the cutest card ever! I love everything about it :)

Jessica Shier said...

What a sweet little mouse and a great idea to make Christmas cards through out the year. Thanks for joining us over at the Art Impressions blog for the Pretty Pastels challenge #247! ❤

Di said...

What an adorable image Heidi and such a sweet card as well. I love it!

Sorry to take so long to comment - blame a white fluffy bundle called Dudley!

Hugs

Di xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a cute card, love the sentiment and well done you on making a start with your Christmas cards x