Saturday, April 18, 2020

Mixed Media Background - with a more Clean and Simple Look

Hello!  I was trying to clean up my craft desk this morning, and I totally got some inspiration to make a card, and made an even bigger mess!  How about that?  Lol.  



I used a very old, old background that I don’t exactly remember how I made. I think there is a technique called Floating Alcohol inks and that is what I did.  

Anyhow, a stamping friend challenged us to use Partial Stamping on an old background and then make a card from this.  Here is the inspiration video.  I used a variety of stamps in black and orange ink.  When it was finished, I cut the background down to ATC size and sponged the edges with brown distress ink.  

I then paper pieced my Scribbly bird over top.  So another half done project made into a card!  I kind of like how it turned out.  Mixed media in the focal point but CAS otherwise.  


I hope that you will leave a comment and let me know how you are doing.  It is a bit chilly and rainy today but it feels like a Saturday.  We are getting into a better routine for cyber schooling and that helps.  Have a good day!

Heidi

11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Heidi, beautifully designed and coloured card, lovely image and background, keep safe Kate x

Theresa's Studio said...

Great card! Isn't it a joy to use some of those old things? Stay Safe!

Cat Craig said...

Cool...love making a bigger mess. Such a good feeling when you are compelled to make something.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is such a darling card. That background is stunning. Must pop over. Been away because Ive gotten involved in ATC swaps. Have a great weekend!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful bird design...a sketch type image which I like. And, looks great on that background.

aussie aNNie said...

Most gorgeous colours and amazing things to view,love this Heidi....happy Sunday and keep smiling.xxx

Lisa Babitz said...

Your background looks great! Thanks for linking the inspiration video; such a simple technique that packs a huge punch!

Carol L said...

This is such a cute little card, and I love how you created the background and then paper pieced the bird! The embossed panel shows it off beautifully! We're doing OK here just a few miles from where you are, and so very grateful for the days we have sunshine! That makes it a little easier to stay home when the sun's out! Take care and have a great week ahead.

handmade by amalia said...

A very sweet tweet.
Aalia
xo

Conniecrafter said...

I just love the colors and stamps you used for the background to your very sweet bird!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How beautiful this card ended up being! I love the main image, and your pretty embossed backing is wonderful!