Thursday, July 2, 2020

Camping Card with Brusho Background

Hello!  I was feeling sad recently that I won’t be sending any camp cards this year, because all sleep away camps are cancelled this summer.  (There are a couple virtual activities we are doing, which I applaud all these creative folks for trying!)

So I decided to make a camping card anyhow.  



I had this scrap of watercolor cardstock where I had tested some Brusho.  It has been sitting on my desk for a while, as I knew I would use it or something.  Well today was the day!  

I colored my tent and raccoon with markers. I then paper pieced the sun. (All Purple Onion Designs.)  I had this saying (Power Poppy) that I thought would be good for any kind of summer greeting.  I put the whole thing over top of patterned paper from Pink Paislee Outfitters.


I would love to enter Cute Card Thursday’s Anything Goes challenge, and SimonSaysStamp’s Wednesday Bright and Cheerful Challenge..

Thanks for reading my blog today. I hope you are safe and keep on stamping!

11 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Your card is sooo adorable Heidi! I love your brusho background and darling raccoon image! So sorry to hear that the fun camping has been canceled! It seems that many things are this year. Hopefully we can get back to the fun things next year! Thanks for the inspiration! HUGS

lostinpaper said...

So darn cute!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a cute card. How lucky to have a brusho bg on your desk. It is indeed disappointing that camps are closed. Im sad about children going to daycare and school have to play alone.

MiamiKel said...

Aw he is the cutest - the raccoon is quite a darling fella! LOVE the brushos! I'm sorry about your camp- my son's 2 week High Adventure scouting was cancelled as well as VBS :*( Better to be safe, though! Hugs!

Lisa Babitz said...

This is a great summer card. I love the brusho background, and your scene is so cute! Perfect patterned paper as well. I'm sorry your children will not be able to go away to camp this year; I'm sure they are very disappointed. It's necessary, but it still stinks.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and lovely image, fantastic colouring as well...Have a lovely weekend my friend.. ♥

Cat Craig said...

Great coloring and I am loving that map background.

Conniecrafter said...

that is sad that camp is cancelled but you will be ahead of yourself for next year.
This is just too cute, that background was just perfect for the scene and fun papers too!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Heidi, fabulous camping card, an adorable image and great background. Love the paper too, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

A really happy card with a wonderful camping scene and the racoon is adorable x. I am liking the background paper too and so glad that you made the camping card anyway x.

Marina said...

What a great look - the Brusho background is lovely and I love the camping theme.