1) I first tore some paper to cover part of my card front.
2) I then taped my stencil over top of this.
3) I used two colors of green ink to sponge over the stencil. I think two colors adds depth.
4) I then carefully removed my stencil. I think this next step is really important. I used a light touch with my sponge and applied ink to the top and bottom of my paper mask and to the edges of the cardstock.
5) I removed the paper mask. This leaves a great spot for stamping a message or image.
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial. I finished my card off very simply with a sentiment from I Brake for Stamps and the flower from Sparkle n Sprinkle. I may go back and add a few enamel dots to it.
Thanks for visiting today! Please let me know if you try this technique!