Friday, May 13, 2022

Ink Pad Thumping and a Fancy Fold

 Hello everyone! Happy Friday! It is actually a little rainy here today, but the temperature seems nice.  I had my zoom meeting this week with the Artsy Inker craft group and April taught us Gina K’s technique called Ink Pad Thumping. It is basically Marker Thumping, but you use your small ink cubes instead of markers.  We stamped on glossy cardstock, which always gives a pretty look!



I did several images, but the one I liked the best is this floral from Just for Fun (JFF since closed down and I don’t know the name of the image).  The chevron Tweed Background was also made with the technique.    I made two cards.  April also had this idea for an easy Fancy Fold. I think you can see in the photos how it works.  



Here are the stamps I used:

Just for Fun Unknown Floral

Hero Arts Tweed Background

Close to My Heart It’s Your Day to Sparkle (Sentiment and banner)

Gina K Designs Birthday Blessings (butterfly)

Stampendous Birthday Wish (Inside sentiment)

I would like to enter in the Retro Rubber Challenge -  Flower Power.  All of my stamps here are much older than two years old!  

I would also like to participate in Word Art Wednesday -Anything Goes!

Thanks so much for visiting and have a great weekend!

11 comments:

April said...

These are so pretty! I love them! Thanks for sharing

Connie Mercer said...

Gorgeous cards!!!

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are beautiful, love the designs and the tonal greens Heidi x.

Conniecrafter said...

They turned out gorgeous Heidi, even better than they looked on Zoom, love your choice of papers with them and the butterflies are so pretty with it too!

Heather said...

So pretty, Heidi, what a great technique! Love all your color combos and details! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful cards Heidi, lovely floral images and gorgeous colours, Kate x

Cat Craig said...

Great colors for these cards, so pretty.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ohh!! this is a beautiful set of cards, love how you mix and match the inks and the paper, the image of the butterfly is really lovely.
And the way you folded your cards is really awesome, I must try it, I love that the strip of stamped swirls shows up on the folded card, totally fabulous.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria/DT

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Wow, you went to town with this technique and card fold! I love the thumped backgrounds as well as the flower image. I really like the versions with the fold left plain, it makes a nice border between the print backgrounds. At first I thought it was ribbon. Thanks for showing where you put the sentiment on the inside too.

LeAnne said...

Such a fun technique...you've created some beautiful cards! Love the background as well as the floral images! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

Neva Cole said...

I enjoy making multiples with similar techniques. You've done a lovely job! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!