Monday, January 19, 2015

Watercolor Resist with Leafy Vines and Distress Inks


To make this card, I stamped the Leafy Vines with Versamark ink onto watercolor paper, then added clear embossing powder and heat set.  I smooshed Distress inks on my craft sheet in Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Chipped Sapphire and spritzed water that had a scoop of Perfect Pearls onto the ink.  

I used a paint brush to apply the homemade pearlized watercolors from light to dark.  I allowed the panel to air dry.  

I heat embossed the butterfly stamp onto white vellum paper and trimmed it out.  I used a single glue dot in the middle to adhere this.  


Supplies:

Hero Arts Leafy Vines
Gina K Designs Warm Spring Wishes (butterfly)
Hero Arts CL342 (sentiment)
Hero Arts Shadow ink Navy
Versamark ink
Distress inks: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire
Watercolor paper
Vellum paper
Light blue cardstock

7 comments:

Far North said...

Heidi, I LOVE white embossed resist. Your color combination of the watercolors is fabulous! This would be a great challenge example. (wink).

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness...this is so gorgeous! Love the subtle colours and that stunning embossed image!

April said...

Beautiful card, Heidi! I love everything about it!

b said...

This is a very beautiful card. The colour combination is really eye catching,

Heather T said...

That background is stunning. Watercolour over embossing creates such striking results.

Joyce Erb said...

Gorgeous! Love the coloring

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Beautiful card indeed, Heidi, clever use of watercolour.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}