Friday, February 24, 2017

More Faux Bleaching with Distress Oxide Inks (and my Lilac experiment)

Hello and thanks for coming by!  I have a couple more cards today made with my Faux Bleaching technique tutorial for Distress Oxide inks.  If you haven't already, I would be thrilled if you checked it out.  


This card was made with Iced Spruce Distress Oxide ink (it is a greenish grey) on dark grey cardstock from Michael's.  


The fern sortof looks like it has been x-rayed.  I think it is really pretty with the light blue papers.


The second card is the Tea Dye Distress Oxide on Kraft paper from Michaels.  I do really love that color variation.  If I had used a touch more water, it would have been more white.


I have been trying to use a lot of patterned paper and even some older brads that are so pretty!

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Flora and Fauna Sheet, Sentiment Sheet 3, Distress Oxide Inks,   My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pads Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing, The Sweetest Thing - Bluebell, Stella and Rose - Hattie, My Mind's eye brads, Versafine Smokey Grey ink for sentiment, Recollections Cardstock. 

I would love to participate in the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwndown - Favorite Embellishment
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!

Here are a few more combos that I tried, but have not made anything with:

Wilted Violet

Peeled Paint

This was a different one, Worn Lipstick on orange.  When I did Orange Marmalade ink it looked much more bleached on orange cardstock.

The blues, I mentioned yesterday, I did not get great results with.  Maybe I need to keep trying.  These are stil pretty, just not so bleached looking.

___________________________________________________________

As an aside, I saw a youtube video where they showed how to force branches to leaf and flower early, so I took some cuttings of my lilac bush to give it a try.  I will give you an update if it ends up doing anything! (The little faux flowers were some little school project one of the boys did for Mother's day,  I never throw stuff like that out!)


Whoa!  If you have read this far, I thank you!  I love it when you can take time to comment and will try to visit your blog too!

11 comments:

Beth Norman said...

I love seeing a variety of "the same thing done over differently" and you didn't disappoint. I don't know about you, but I really like how the marmalade turned out. Your cards are lovely. The top sentiment tugs at my heart. Good luck with blooming liliacs. Enjoy your weekend Heidi.

Carol L said...

You're having such fun with these new inks, and everything looks so new and refreshing too! The xray'd ferns really do look cool that way, and I love the different papers you used! NJ!

Linda Langes said...

These are cool Heidi - can see you're having lots of fun with your new Oxide Inks. Can't wait to get my hands on some too.

Loose Stitches said...

How wonderful, very clever! I love crafting with natural things!
Sherry x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I'm loving these faux bleaching pieces of yours Heidi! They are coming up lovely and it's nice to see you are having so much fun with your new purchase! Have a wonderful Sunday! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Conniecrafter said...

I have not had a chance to try this out yet, love the peeled paint one, maybe I can give it a try tomorrow :)

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a super project and two stunning cards and more waiting in the wings to be used. I'll have to come back and check out your tutorial... have a wonderful week... Megan

Birdie said...

Isn't it fun to experiment! Great to see what you do with your results and you've matched your background papers nicely to each. Thank you for joining in on the Tusday Throwdown blog this week.

Cat Craig said...

I just love what you are doing with the oxide inks, so fun to watch you discovering them.

*Vicki* said...

These are just gorgeous Heidi! You're having so much fun experimenting with your inks! I just got mine and have only blended some colors on my AJ, but that's about it! I hope to have some time to play this week! Thanks for sharing all of this awesome information about them! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Teresa Kline said...

hello! super fun technique, nicely done!
I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*