Friday, March 3, 2017

Spring Daisy - Stamping with Watercolors

Hello! I have a couple springy cards that I stamped with watercolor paint.  In fact, I only stamped the image once, and then cut it up into two pieces so I could get two cards.  I plan to try to get these cards sent out in today's mail, if I hurry!

(Lilac experiment update at the end.)


I have done this before, here is a post where I describe it better, but basically you paint the pan watercolor to your rubber stamp and then stamp onto regular or watercolor cardstock.  The nice thing is that you can use more than one color.  Here I used a couple shades of yellow.  



Supplies:  USA Stamp Quest Daisy Stamp, Hero Arts Sentiment, Koi Pan watercolors, Versafine Smokey Grey ink, MFT Pierced Square dies, GKD Wild Dandelion and Turquoise Sea cardstock, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.

I would love to participate in the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday Anything Goes
Double D Challenges Think Spring
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes 272-273
CAS Watercolor Spring


I also want to give an update of the Lilac branch experiment I am doing to force them to bloom early indoors.  I first posted this 8 days ago with bare branches and look at it now!  It has been amazing to watch the leaves and flowers unfold from their insanely complicated origami buds.


Look at the blooms, so many of them!  I was concerned that I might not have many since I couldn't tell between a leaf bud and a flower bud, but I have so many!  I just hope I can keep it healthy enough till it blooms.


Thanks for stopping by oday!  Have a great one!

18 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Spring on a card...Just love the stamp, the technique you've used and the vibrant yellow. Great you got two cards from the one stamping and the lilac is coming on really well x

Darlene said...

Both cards are beautiful Heidi! WOW what a fabulous idea with your lilac branches! Makes for a beautiful centerpiece too! Good luck ... hope you get blossoms! Your house will smell heavenly when it blooms!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Think Spring’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Carol L said...

These cards are amazing, and I love how you created them. As for the lilacs, well done! I LOVE lilacs and admire how easily you've been able to force these to bloom! I can't wait to see them blossom!!

Loll said...

Your cards are so pretty. LOVE those beautiful watercolour daisies. Always great to get two cards made at the same time. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Bonnie said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous with all that yellow and the daisies! I've never tried putting watercolor on stamps, but I want to try it now! Thanks for the inspiration, Heidi, and thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Watercolour! (I hope you lilac blooms!)

Conniecrafter said...

They both are so pretty, and you got such great coverage. I love the blue with that yellow on the second too.
The branches are really taking off aren't they, how fun!!

Diane said...

Wow, your cards are stunning, love them!! My lilac budded then we had snow and below freezing temps again, so not sure what will happen with it, last year same thing and we only had about 6 blooms, so sad! Thank you for joining our challenge at double D!
Diane DD DT

Beth Norman said...

Ewwww, simply beautiful. So refreshing to see all that yellow. I would not have thought to put the turquoise with the yellow and it is just stunning. Great work Heidi.

Marina said...

Just a fabulous burst of spring!

wannabcre8tive said...

Beautiful cards. I really love the yellow and turquoise together.

nancy littrell said...

I love your CAS design for your pretty yellow daisies, Heidi. TFS your 2nd card and your lilac experiment. I have picked forsythia real early and had them leaf out and bloom. Never tried it with lilacs...you have given me an idea. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour.

Susan said...

Yellow and white is a perfect spring colour combination! I love the colour variation you got by painting watercolours onto the stamp! Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

*Vicki* said...

Really stunning, cheery, fun and brilliant CAS designs here Heidi!! I can't wait for my lilac bush to bloom this year! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

scrappymo! said...

Your branches look amazing. I have forced lots of branches but never tried hydrangea! Bet they will look beautiful.
Your card looks wonderful. It was fun to see the other post where you used other shades of yellow.

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Heidi, love the bright yellow daises too makes me think of Spring ;) Viv xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

These cards are way cool! Such bright happy daisies. They make me think spring just might spring yet!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such crisp and beautiful cards. Love the layout and the colors, so very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Cat Craig said...

Oh I do love them both...yellow is such a happy color.