Friday, January 19, 2018

Flower of the Month - January Carnation Card

This year, I have decided to try to make good use of my flower stamps.  There are several flowers that are either official or unofficial flowers for each month.  I want to make at least one card each month to go along with that theme.  

For January, I am using this Carnation stamp from I Brake for Stamps.**  Carnations are on both the British list and the USA list for Birth Flowers.  Sometimes, I feel that carnations are an underrated flower.  I really think they are pretty on their own and in bouquets, and there are so many colors.

(**They are one of a few companies that make stamps with a flower of the month theme (in the Embossing Arts category.)  I have just a few of these!)


 I used a pinky peach when I colored with alcohol markers.  I need some Sympathy cards, so I used a simple layout and embossed my sentiment in black. 

Supplies:  IBFS Jumbo Carnation stamp (there is a regular version too), Memento Black ink, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (light corals), Avery Elle Wonky Stitched Rectangles dies, grey and black cardstocks from my stash.

I would love to play along with these challenges:
WordArtWednesday Anything Goes
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Sentiment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  You are much appreciated!

16 comments:

Viv said...

Great card,such pretty flowers and stamping too Heidi. Glad you managed to do the pop up comments thing too, so much quicker ;) Viv xx

Bonnie said...

I have a flower of the month set that has been gathering dust far too long. I too had decided to try to do at least one card each month using those flowers! My carnations will be coming up soon. Yours are so pretty! I can almost smell them!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Heidi, that is such a beautiful card with the carnation and you colored it wonderfully too. Carnations are among my most favorite flowers and I carried them at my wedding. Love the aroma from them.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful coloring Heidi. I am looking forward to more of your flowers.

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

What a beautiful floral card, Heidi!! Love the card!

Conniecrafter said...

Great idea to make sure you use your flower stamps, so pretty, I just love the multi colored ones :)

Marina said...

Oooh I like your flower of the month idea. I see such pretty cards with flowers on, but I find it hard to come with ideas myself. Tis one is beautifully coloured, I like the wavy stitch effect and it's perfect for sympathy.

wannabcre8tive said...

Heidi, your card is just beautiful and the coloring is excellent.

Beth Norman said...

Lovely sympathy card. I like carnations too. They are coloured in such a pretty colour.

lostinpaper said...

I just made a floral sympathy card myself... great minds! I am happy to say that I don't need mine, it's for the stash, but it's always unnerving having it just sitting there.... Your colouring is beautiful and I agree the carnation is a wonderful flower!

Carol L said...

This is just gorgeous! Every detail looks amazing and I love how you colored the carnations too!

Mac Mable said...

Firstly so sorry that you need some sympathy cards x Great image and the carnation is such a pretty flower and when cut last for ages. Love the size of the image and that it fits the whole card....Making it stand out even more x

Diane said...

Wonderful colored image and framing Heidi.

Hugs Diane

April said...

This is so lovely! I love the color you used for the flowers and you did a great job coloring.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Heidi! Thew carnations are so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Jo Ann said...

Wonderful creation. We're so blessed that you joined us with your wonderful art last Challenge. We would like to invite you to link with us again in our current Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving some inspiration from the Word of God in John 4:14 n which Jesus said, "But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a fount of water springing up to eternal life." Have a wonderful and blessed week.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com