Thursday, April 5, 2018

Blue Floral Frame Card - Versafine Clair

Hello!  I am playing with some challenges today.  When I saw the inspiration card at the bottom of this post, the first thing I thought of was this older stamp set I have and my new Versafine Clair inkpad that I purchased just in the color Paradise.


It is a lovely ink, and it is more slick than expected!  I did smear an image at first, but it was not really a problem after I got a feel for it.  It stamp so solidly! (I also want to note that it is a touch more aqua, in real life, than pictured.)  I have all the ink cubes for regular Versafine, but I will be putting more of the Clair inkpads on my wish list as they have really great colors.  


I popped up my sentiment on fun foam, and then fussy cut out two flowers in black and popped them up too.  I like this look a lot!  It is a little bit traditional and fussy, but still has lots of white space.  I added three little dots of black Nuvo drops to finish off the card.

Supplies: Gina K Designs Made with Love stamp set, Versafine Clair Paradise ink, Versafine Onyx Black ink, Spellbinders circle die, Cuttlebug Decorative frames embossing folder, Nuvo drops black.

I would love to play along with City Crafter’s 406 Birthday Celebration with the below inspiration card!  Also, I would love to enter SimonSaysStamp’s Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday!


I know your time can be used in many ways so I am glad you chose to visit me for a bit today! 

You can find me on facebook or pinterest, too.

16 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is lovely, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous card Heidi! Stunning colors.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! That is an awesome shade of blue. I love your wonderful card.

Carol L said...

This is one gorgeous card, and I've never heard of the Versafine Claire inks, but they sure do look fantastic here! Nice job!

Beth Norman said...

Lovely card. I too like the pop of black against the blue. You rocked this one out.

Viv said...

This is so pretty Heidi! just love the vivid blue colour and those gorgeous flowers too ;) Viv x

Conniecrafter said...

That ink does stamp just lovely, I love your black flowers popped up to frame the sentiment

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a beautiful card, love the bright colour you used against the crisp black and white. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lovely layered elements, all work together nicely. Beautiful as usual, Heidi!

Marina said...

I didn't see this in the CCCB gallery - I was just visiting you anyway - but as soon as I saw it I knew it was a case of Samra's card. I love how you've adapted it but made it equally gorgeous.

Tracy Freeman said...

Beautiful, love the layers and LOVE the colours.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at City Crafter, good luck!!! Amy DT

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Heidi, please do not tell me how wonderful a new Clair *versafine ink is 😉 I’m on total buying ban for a good while now.
I do wish they wouldn’t keep bringing out more yummy things..

I really LOVE your card, gorgeous images and colours and layout. Very imaginative indeed.

Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x
* versafine just happens to be my most favourite ink ... 😆 then they add to it!

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Mac Mable said...

Very striking and absolutely love the vibrancy of your beautiful card x

Karen Dunbrook said...

really pretty card...love the blues of course.
:) Karen

Marina said...

Congrats on being a Spotlight Artist at CCCB.