Thursday, May 31, 2018

A Cheery Hello - Robin Card

I was so pleased to have some time to craft the other day, and one of the things I did was color this lovely bird image.  Isn’t he so cute!?  The stamp is named Robin, so I colored him as such, but I have a lot of other ideas of birds that this image more closely resembles, so I hope to try those ideas out soon!


I thought this patterned paper went well with the colors of the bird, but the yellow piece and kraft were from small snippets in my scrap box.  It really worked out well.

Supplies: Elizabeth Crafts Robin 2 stamp, Power Poppy Potted Primroses (sentiment), Memento and Versfine black inks, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Echo Park Happy Camper 6x6 paper pad, Gina Marie Designs X stitched circle dies



I would love to play along with the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity - Tweet This Challenge , Pixie’s Craft Workshop -Snippets Challenge #327, and SimonSaysStamp’s Wednesday Anything Goes challenge.  I encourage you to check out this challenge blogs, and thank them for providing inspiration for cardmakers.

THANK YOU so much for your visit today!

You can find me on facebook or pinterest, too.

14 comments:

Carol L said...

Very cute card with that colorful robin! Love the cool dsp too, and it does match perfectly!

*Vicki* said...

Hello my friend!! Your card is just gorgeous! I love that bird image and your coloring is amazing! Just wanted to let you know that I've started up a new blog and hope you can stop by for a visit when you have time! HUGS :)

Di said...

What a lovely card Heidi! Really fresh and of course we all love a robin!

Ha, I visited my friend today and when I parked up in the driveway she got me to look under the front wheel arch of her car. She has a pair of robins building a nest, just within the past 24 hours. Have advised her to sort it out now before they go any further (I would leave it and let them carry on 'cos I'm soft like that!) and hope they find somewhere else to build - otherwise her car will be static whilst the babies hatch and then fledge!

Hugs

Di xx

Mac Mable said...

The yellow and kraft sure does look great with the patterned paper and that adorable robin. Beautiful card x

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, you have been really busy the last few days! A pretty card and perfectly coloured robin. Love the bold patterned paper behind. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Beth Norman said...

This card pops right out at me in all it's vibrance and colours. Very nice Heidi.

Sue said...

This is lovely, such a happy card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lost Coast Designs, and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Cathy said...

Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Designs challenge. See a robin that means Spring is here. Cute card.

Laurie said...

Such a spring-y and colorful bird card! It really doe send a cheery hello! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Lori said...

What a colorful and pretty card! Very nice! Thank you for joining in on the "Tweet This" Challenge!

ionabunny said...

Very pretty robin and I love that bold background. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity challenge. Hugz

Ink Stained Roni said...

Awwww, Heidi, what a sweet little bird! Such a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at Lost Coast Designs!

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a pretty card, the paper and the bird do go perfectly with each other.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day :)

Cat Craig said...

I haven’t visited for a bit; I just got back from CA, and am catching up on my visits and comments. Your bird is colored so nicely and I love that big circle focal point.