Thursday, December 13, 2018

Winter Birds

Hello!  I am sharing a Christmas card that I made using a non-Christmas stamp set.  I love this bird,  although I do not know which species it is supposed to be. It looks so fluffed up, like the birds at my feeders look in winter, trying to stay warm.


I first stamped the bird and branch in brown in and colored it with pencils.  I was thinking of a House Finch when I was coloring this bird, as it is a frequent visitor to my feeders.  I die cut the branch and fussy cut the bird.  I decided to add Christmas colors using scraps of cardstock in my layout and then perched the bird on the branch. I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops just for a touch of sparkle.


Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Bird Sheet 141A, Gina K Dark Chocolate ink, Prismacolor pencils, Gina Marie X Stitched Circle dies, cardstock from my stash, Sizzix Poinsettia Embossing Folder, Nuvo Crystal Drops Blizzard
You can save 10% on every order at I Brake for Stamps with my code SAVE10HEIDI. 

I’d love to enter these challenges.  Thank you for hosting!
SimonSaysStamp’s Wednesday Challenge - Christmas
Cute Card Thursday - Embossing
Tuesday Throwdown - anything goes

Thank you for your kind visit today!  I really appreciate every encouraging comment on my blog and look forward to visiting your blog soon!

14 comments:

Cat Craig said...

I love that cross stitch on your circle. Wonderful addition to the focal point.

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Heidi, gorgeous bird image and gorgeous colours,Kate x x

*Vicki* said...

Your bird image is stunning Heidi!! Love the layout with the embossed strip panel!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Annette Allen said...

Very Pretty card.. I love that bird image and how you added the color..

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Perfect for winter, our birds are fluffed up with the cold too! Lovely card.

Carol L said...

What a fun card, and I too enjoy watching those plump birds feeding in winter! That circle is a great die with the cross stitching and I like the embossing too!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beautiful card and would work for any season I think.

aussie aNNie said...

Love birdy cards and this is gorgeous.x

Conniecrafter said...

It looks great for a Christmas card, pretty embossing with it, I had to smile because Greg and I always are amazed on how big the birds get in the winter when they start puffing up :)

Mac Mable said...

Adorable puffed up bird and such a pretty card. Love the vibrancy and texture from the dry embossed panel too X

Deb said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous colouring of the sweet bird, I love the embossed panel too!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week for our Challenge!
Debxx

lostinpaper said...

What a beautiful card Heidi, love this gorgeous bird and the subtle colouring!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Cute fluffed up birdie. I really like the white circle against the red and green. Great placement.

Marina said...

Nicely coloured and I like how you've layered his tail. Is there a bird of the month?!!?