Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Coffee Lover’s Blog Hop - #1


Hello everyone! I always look forward to the Coffee Lover’s Blog Hops.  I love coffee, tea and cocoa, and all the variety of wonderful stamps available for themed cards is fun to see.  So I will be participating a few times, hopefully for this Fall & Winter Hop!


This card was made with a new patterned paper pack I got recently at Tuesday Morning. I was just completely drawn to these wonderful colors. I stamped the coffee cups on the patterned paper, then stamped with brown pigment ink for the little fill-in stamp for the cocoa. I stamped it several times so it would show up over the colored paper.  I trimmed out the cups and the whipped cream and glued them together.  


Supplies: Close to My Heart Just Treats stamp set, Versafine Onyx Black in, Avery Elle Kraft Pigment ink, Tombow Water based markers, Sakura Glitter pen, Avery Elle Wonky Stitched Rectangles dies, Bo Bunny Altitude 6x6 paper pad


I combined this challenge with Tuesday Morning Sketches #482.  I rotated the sketch and then used that background paper to mimic the striped portion of th sketch.


Thanks for your visit and kind comments!  If you are new, please consider subscribing to my blog. I love to return blog visits and comments and get to know other cardmakers!

21 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Heidi, I love the colours and that fab paper, Kate x

Carol L said...

This is fantastic, and what a super cool paper pad you found! I haven't been there much lately, perhaps I need a visit again soon :) Love those cups with cream!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome design and I love all those rich colors. Your coloring is fantastic!

Billie A said...

Pretty colors and images. I like your card.

Bev Polen said...

Heidi, I love how you created the gorgeous coffee cups! The background designer paper is awesome and I love the color combination. Great card, Heidi!

~amy~ said...

Looks awesome, you scored on that paper pad!

Lisa Babitz said...

Love that paper and the way you used it to "color" your cups. Great take on the sketch as well!

Andrea W said...

Your paper pieced cups look fantastic and I love your choice of patterned papers. So glad you played along at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

How lovely. I, too, am drawn to the designer paper. Your colouring really matches the DP. Love this cute card!

Conniecrafter said...

That is a pretty paper pack, like how you used it for the cups too and it looks great that you cute the whip cream out too!

Kathy said...

such a cute and colorful and cheerful card, great job on your technique!

Carol L said...

Oops! I'm back again to say thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge. I think I need to plug into an IV of coffee :)

Debbie said...

This is adorable!! Pretty paper and those little cups are so cute!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Laura S. said...

What a stunning color combination!

*Vicki* said...

Oh how I love those papers! I have a few of them floating around in my stash! The paper pieced cups are adorble! Such a warm and wonderful design! HUGS

Cat Craig said...

great card, fabulous colors.

Hetty said...

Beautiful warm colors. Great card.

Fikreta said...

ITs wonderful card!

Karen Letchworth said...

The blue and purple combo is lovely!!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

What a great idea to flip the sketch 90 degrees.....Love those cute little cupcakes!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Hugs ~ LJ
DT Member for TMS
http://buckygirl.blogspot.com/

Melissa Craig said...

This is so pretty! I love the herringbone paper and the colors are fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.