Friday, November 30, 2018

Flower of the Month - November Chrysanthemum

Hello everyone!  I nearly didn’t finish my Flower of the Month card in time!  The flower for November is the Chrysanthemum.  I am using this Asian style stamp today.  I like it a lot AND the shape of this flower reminds me of some of the flowers that were in the arrangements at my wedding, so lovely memories there too.


I colored the stamp with pencils, then trimmed it out with scissors. I did this at my stamp group the other day and believe it or not, I had forgotten my scissors again. I borrowed some from one of the other ladies.  It is funny, it felt weird to be using another brand and I was not as fast as usual.

Anyhow....  When I got home I used some Versamark ink to stamp the bamboo background over green cardstock and die cut that out.  I hemmed and hawed a lot about adding a sentiment, but I decided I would rather use the room to add lots of embellishments with the ribbon and gems.  


Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Asian Spider Mum and Bamboo background stamps, Versafine Black ink, Versamark ink, Gina K Dark Sage cardstock, Avery Elle Wonky Stitched rectangles dies, other items from my stash.

Thanks so much for visiting.  
All my Flower of the Month cards can be found HERE.

11 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Gorgeous flower and design Heidi!! I love that stunning background and your layout looks so pretty!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Cat Craig said...

Sweet chrysanthemum. Lovely coloring.

Mac Mable said...

So glad your beautiful card brought back lovely memories for you. I do so love the pink with the dark green, which looks so striking and I think it looks fabulous without the sentiment....gorgeous card x.

Carol L said...

This is so pretty and I love the Asian feel to it with that great background! Love the trio of ribbons too!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful and so well colored.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This card is really pretty. Love your background, your pink flower and the band of three ribbons.

April said...

I have missed several of your c cards and they are all great! This one is beautiful and I love the colors. I have enjoyed your flower card series!

Bev Polen said...

Heidi, the flower on this beautiful card is gorgeous and the VersaMark stamped bamboo on the background looks fantastic! Your card design is great, Heidi!

scrappymo! said...

Thisis very pretty! It has a lovely Asian feel.

Conniecrafter said...

Isn't it funny how we can get use to our own tools :) You did a wonderful job cutting it out and I love that stamp for the background, gorgeous with it! Love the way you added the gems and the ribbon!

Marina said...

This is beautiful.I love the bamboo stamped on the green