Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Clean & Simple Stamptangle Oak Leaf

Hello!  Hope you are all well today.  The sun is finally shining again and I can better appreciate the gorgeous fall color.  Our autumn color is a few weeks late this year, so it is really colorful outside, although I fear that when all the leaves fall and it is time to rake, it will be very cold.  We shall see!


I have a clean and simple design to share today. I heat embossed my Stamptangle Leaf in gold, and then sponged over Distress inks.  I first tried Distress Oxides, but the color was not bright enough with the oxidation clouding over it, so I went with regular Distress Inks.  


I used a wood grain embossing folder on my white card and then cut a circle in some textured brown cardstock in my stash.  The greeting (which is so cute, don’t you think?) and a little twine bow and my card was done.  This design was one of my quicker cards to make!  Bonus!

I’d love to enter Cute Card Thursday’s Anything Goes challenge as well as Word Art Wednesday’s Anything Goes Challenge.


Supplies:  Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Stamptangle Oak leaf, Happy Autumn, Versamark ink, Recollections Gold Detail Embossing powder, Distress Inks in Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber and Peeled Paint, Versafine Vintage Sepia (for sentiment), Darice Woodgrain embossing folder, circle die and other items from my stash.

Thank you for your visit today! Special thanks to those of you that comment and follow my blog. I have a sick kid at home, but hope to be around to visit you all later on today.  

10 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow, your leaf is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the embossing with the blended fall colors in it! Stunning card and now DT hat time:Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Cat Craig said...

Greta, stunningly beautiful. I really like the design and the colros and the embossing. Hits high marks all around for me.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, I love your design and colours, the embossed card is such a perfect touch, Kate x

Carol L said...

I really like that kraft textured cardstock, and the leaf is just stunning! Great sentiment in keeping with autumn too! Beautiful!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I really love that leaf.

Unknown said...

The colors you added to the gold embossed leaf are perfect. And you're right, the greeting is so cute! Hope your child gets well soon.

Bev Polen said...

What an awesome leaf with gorgeous coloring, Heidi! Love the card!

Conniecrafter said...

That is a very cute sentiment, I do love the colors in your leaf, I agree there are some places that the distress inks work better over Oxide but then Oxides have a great place too :)
Good luck with your temps for raking time, it has turned cold here, highs in the 40's brrrr.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful work. Love the heat embossing with the sponging, It looks just like a real leaf.

Marina said...

The leaf is beautifully ornate - the colours peeking through look great.