Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Storybook Apple Picking Card - Teacher Thank You

Apple picking season is just around the corner, and so is back to school. I originally was going to use this darling image, Miss Rachel Picking Apples, for a birthday card for my niece, but while in the process, I changed my mind.  Instead, I will use it a little thank you note for a new teacher. 


I watercolored the image, and then decided I just had to paper piece Miss Rachel’s dress.  The sentiment that I added is from Florals Sheet

Are you ready for fall? I don’t think I am yet, but it seems to be coming nonetheless!  Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I am!! I am so tired of the heat!! Apple Festival is in just over two weeks, and I cannot wait!

lostinpaper said...

Oh so sweet and 'Storybook' I adore it!

Darnell said...

Mmm, yes, seeing as how it is 103 degrees while I'm typing this, I'm ready for fall! But then again, didn't we just have fall a few months ago? This year has broken all speed records! Your card is just the sweetest, Heidi, so perfect for a teacher thank you! Ms. Bunny could not be any prettier picking apples in her special flowered frock, cardigan, and bonnet!! Hugs, Darnell

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice watercoloring and paper piecing. Such a cute card. Im not ready for fall since summer was so short.

cuilliesocks said...

What a sweet card Heidi, beautifully coloured too, Kate x

Cat Craig said...

Paper piecing her dress is brilliant...you get all that lovely softness from the watercoloring and then that perfect pastel pattern on the skirt. Brilliant.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is just too sweet, it will work great for a teacher card and I so love the paper piecing you have done, works great with this!

*Vicki* said...

How adorable!! You've done such a brilliant job with the coloring!! WOW!

April said...

This is so sweet! I love your coloring and paper piecing!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So sweet and adorable.

Carol L said...

Great paper piecing of this sweet image! I am SO ready for fall and some fresh air instead of constant a/c. Then again, I am beyond grateful that I have a/c in this ridiculous humidity and heat! LOL

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, this is so very pretty! Such a darling storybook card!

aussie aNNie said...

What a darling stamp and card, so beautiful...great colour and great paper piecing...love it..have a fab weekend,

Aimeslee Winans said...

Absolutely, 250% adorable! XOX